Complaint Review: Kingsdown Mattress

• Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By: Kathy — Midlothian Virginia United States of America
Kingsdown Mattress
winchester, Virginia United States of America

Kingsdown Mattress Kingsdown,inc kingsdown sleep system expensive ,uncomfortable and poor quality. Company won't cover warrenties. winchester, Virginia

My husband and I decided to give up our 21 year old bargain Sealy mattress for a Kingsdown sleep system mattress.  Our old mattress was very comfortable but it was starting to sag after all those years and all the different commercials convinced us we needed to own a "really good "mattress. We went to a local furniture strore, HAYNES and the salesman convinced us to buy a Kingsdown Mattress and performed a Kingsdown "computerized assessment" of our needs based on size and weight and a few other bs factors! We ended up with a #2 I think.  Anyway, we get the matterss and it is overly soft from day one.  You feel like you're sleeping in a valley.  There are clear indentations where my husband and I sleep and neither of us is overweight.  We called to complain and were told we'd be contacted by the rep-never happened.  We stopped by the store a few times.  Finally, two years into owning this piece of junk which cost over two thousand dollars, we were mailed a weighted string and a fun saver camera and told to take pictures and the pictures had to be taken in only a certain way or they wouldn't count. The pictures had to be of the bare mattress with noone lying on it. Of course, I followed the rules even though the problem has to do with the way the mattress supports us when we are sleeping.  They promptly sent me a condesending apologetic form letter denying to honor the warranty.  The whole claim process took hours and it is ridiculous.  These mattresses are a scam , the computer program is a farse, and the company is not reputable.  We are really uncomfortable and looking for a new mattress.  Don't buy a Kingsdown!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2009 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kingsdown-Mattress/winchester-Virginia-/Kingsdown-Mattress-Kingsdowninc-kingsdown-sleep-system-expensive-uncomfortable-and-poor-535549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kingsdown Mattress