Complaint Review: Kinkos / Fedex

• Updated: Thu, May 24, 2012

• Reported By: SteveB — Truckee California United States of America
Kinkos / Fedex
6479 S Virginia St Reno, Nevada United States of America

Kinkos / Fedex LapNet auto installs and is let on my work Laptop. Problematic! Reno, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Hmm...

In paying for Internet access, Kinkos/Fedex auto installs a piece of software called "LapNet".  When asked if I want to keep in on my laptop I said no.  But it was not deleted and now pops up and runs every time I boot costing me time and trouble.  It auto changes my internet config!

I called national support and they had never even heard of "LapNet"!!!  when I told him Kinkos has used it for years, support said (and I kid you not) "We and Fedex not Kinkos".  Unbelieveable!!  I finally got him to admit that since they merged they are the same company.  What a responsibility dump!

Then he said I had to call the actual store.  I spoke directly to the manager who said I had to come in because it requires a CD to uninstall!!!  Whoa!  I live 2 hours travel time away and now I have to go in to get rid of this thing.

This is the type of unbelievable poor customer service that causes me to never go in that store again!  Also who was the IT idiot that designed and coded such a piece of junk that causes such pain in the butt?  I am surprised they they do not get sued over this.

SteveB

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2012 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kinkos-Fedex/Reno-Nevada-89511/Kinkos-Fedex-LapNet-auto-installs-and-is-let-on-my-work-Laptop-Problematic-Reno-Nev-887744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kinkos / Fedex

Hmm...

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

I agree if the software is still being installed in your computer even though you told them to remove it before. However, I think you make an assumption when you call the FedEx support and think that the person on the other line would know what it is. Even though 2 companies are merged the new comer of the company may know nothing about and would say what you quoted in your report.

Anyway, what kind of software it is? Why does a software need a CD to be uninstalled? This is very odd because a software should never be allowed to stay in a computer and cannot be uninstalled without its original CD. What if you try to uninstall it by yourself (on Windows via Control Panel, on Linux via synapse or apt-get/aptitude).