Complaint Review: Kirby Company - Specifically Platinum Distribution, Loveland CO

• Submitted: Sun, December 23, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By:evans Colorado
Kirby Company - Specifically Platinum Distribution, Loveland CO
Madison St & 1st Ave Loveland, Colorado U.S.A.

Kirby Company - Specifically Platinum Distribution, dishonest, sleazy, manipulative, misleading, cheap...just to name a few... Loveland Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: horrible company!

*General Comment: Platinum distribution

When I had been let go of my only job I had ever been let go of, I was desperate for something better and something fast. I should have known that the ad in the paper was just as it seemed--too good to be true. (hint 1)
Well it turned out to be exactly that. It was worded something like this "Looking for 12-15 professional, energetic people with awesome customer service experience. Starting salary 2k a month! Call for immediate interview!"
Well, stupid of me, I called. Like i said, desperate. I went in for an interview. I was hired on the spot. (hint 2) I specifically asked them in interview, "Is this a door-to-door sales job? because that's not my style." They continually insisted it wasn't & that sales were not necessary. Those lieing bastards...But the joke was on me. I went out, bought a few nice work outfits, supplies for my job...ect. Everybody around me tried to talk some sense into me. From my friends, to my family...everyone. I should have listened. The first sentence the "number 1 trainer in the world" said was 'beware of what others say, they can cripple your career.' Honestly, I'm not sure how these a**holes sleep at night, with all of their lies and decieving. I went through 2 weeks of UNPAID training. Learned how to set up & tear down the display of this over-priced vaccum. We were -PROMISED- $2000/mo in our interview. None of us that signed up was informed that it was in fact a door-to-door, no pride, lowlife job, UNTIL THE FIRST DAY! They took us up to cheyenne wy. We were gone for 13 f**kin hours. And it persisted that way for 2 wks. Then it finally hit me. I had worked a month without ANYTHING to show for it. And most of all I was embarrassed to have put myself in this scandal. I finally had the balls to tell them to f**k off when they signed me up for a 3 week road trip without my consent! They called and said "you leave tomorrow." & I said "no, you f**kers leave tomorrow. I didn't sign up for this stress & bullshit. Have a safe trip."

The worst part is that i actually convinced two innocent & hardworking couples to buy one of these products. And i will admit, it really is a great product. But it's not worth the $1800. & this company should NOT be supported simply for it's manipulative ways; to the employees and consumers.

amanda
evans, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2007 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-Company-Specifically-Platinum-Distribution-Loveland-CO/Loveland-Colorado/Kirby-Company-Specifically-Platinum-Distribution-dishonest-sleazy-manipulative-misle-294100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby Company - Specifically Platinum Distribution, Loveland CO

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

horrible company!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I live in Indiana and the same thing happened to me! You have said absolutely everything I want to say to these people I hope they read these posts and realize how wrong what they are doing is. It has to be a company wide thing for it to happen in two different states. I walked out the door on day one!

#2 General Comment

Platinum distribution

AUTHOR: ReelinRyan - (United States of America)

Is this the Place on 177 S. Madison Avenue. I just called and got an interview tomorrow. I live about 45 minutes away and I need to know if I shouldn't waste my time or money on this interview. I'm desperate too and needed a job.