Complaint Review: Kirby Independent Distributor

• Updated: Wed, December 21, 2011

• Reported By: kabooher — Temecula California United States of America
Kirby Independent Distributor
Oceanside, California United States of America

Kirby Independent Distributor William Turner -Another Scam Company Messing W/ The Military- Oceanside, California

My husband and I had a Kirby distributor come into our home. He did his 2 hour demo on how "amazing" the Kirby is. Then he had his boss come into our home and convince us to buy this vacuum. He told us he would give us all the attachments for free, blah blah blah... So my husband and I agreed.

Kirby gives you a 3 day window to return your vacuum. Well we called this distributor (William Turner) and someone else would answer the phone and say that William just left or that he wasn't there. We finally got a call from him today (a month and a half later) and he told us it was no longer his or Kirby's issue and we should just take out a loan.

On top of not being able to contact him or anyone at Kirby to return our vacuum they sent us the bill and it was $1000 MORE than they told us it would be.

I have contacted the BBB but I'm not sure what else to do. I STRONGLY urge everyone who has ever been ripped off by Kirby to file a complaint at the BBB so we can keep this horrible company out of our homes!

My husband is a Marine and this $3000 debt has really hurt us. We just bought a home and now we have to worry about getting a lean put on it because we have a vacuum that was IMPOSSIBLE to return. If anyone has any help they can give me please contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2011 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-Independent-Distributor/Oceanside-California-92057/Kirby-Independent-Distributor-William-Turner-Another-Scam-Company-Messing-W-The-Military-812517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby Independent Distributor