Complaint Review: Kirby Vacuum Cleaner

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2008

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner
www.kirby.com Baldwin, Georgia U.S.A.

Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Salesman Stole all of my elderly mother's diamond jewelry (OVER $10,000). Baldwin Georgia

A group of young people showed up to my parent's home and their neighbors offering to vacuum their carpet. The person who came in my parent's door was a Clean cut young man pretending to be college student who was trying to win a trip. He asked if he could vacuum my parent's home. We're in the process of putting it up for sale and just had new carpeting days earlier. He would vacuum up the shavings left behind. He showed off an $1800 vacuum and tried to pressure them to buy. He gave my parents nothing with his name on it or any telephone numbers. His ride/getaway person circled their subdivision about 4 times my father said. My mother realized this when she went into her jewelry box on Sunday to dress for church. We have filed police reports and have an investigator working on it. These people are hitting small GA counties and preying on elderly people. What kind of people take advantage of our seniors?? Kirby should pay for our loss.

Debra
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-Vacuum-Cleaner/Baldwin-Georgia-30511/Kirby-Vacuum-Cleaner-Salesman-Stole-all-of-my-elderly-mothers-diamond-jewelry-OVER-100-308139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby Vacuum Cleaner