Complaint Review: Kirby Vacuums Salesperson

• Submitted: Wed, November 25, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: BlowThaWhistle28 — Los Angeles California United States of America
Kirby Vacuums Salesperson
2100 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, California United States of America

Kirby Vacuums Salesperson Century Distribution I knew it was a SCAM!! Stay away from Kirby! Pasadena, California

*General Comment: went in for orientation

All right so I am looking for work and run across a job post on craigslist, 1800 a month base salary setting up displays. O.k. sounds good. I call the number and the guy puts the rush on me it is around 10 am when I call and he says I have to make it by 12 noon that is the cut off. So I already feel like it is a little shady BUT I need a job. I get my "business" look going and head down there. It is a small building, I walk in and it is a shell of a office. Really striped down a few chairs, a old beat up display case that was about 8 feet long 4 feet high with one spray bottle in it. And a stack of magazines about a foot high all the way across the top. On the wall was a Better Business Bureau plastic sign it looks like something they found in a thrift store. So I fill out my 1 page application skipping a lot of info like ss# and ID. So they call me in Javier Garcia I believe, now I can see right through this clown. The office is empty I cant remember seen a computer anywhere, I accidentally bumped into a 4 door file cabinet and felt it nudge I think it was empty! I felt like saying something like what the eff is going on here but I just went along.

Now he ask me to tell him about myself so I start talking, he didnt ask much about past experience just small talked me to his "opportunity" pitch. "I have a stack of applications here and I cant help everyone out I am only selecting the best", O.k. what ever at this point im trying not to roll my eyes. "I dont call anyone back, people who I think are qualified call me back. Im going to give you this piece of paper with my personal number call me back at 4:30 to 5:30". I forgot to mention I noticed other applicants walking out with a small piece of paper in there hand, all the other applicants. I call back and he gives me this b.s. about how he's only selecting the best or top 10 or whatever and he intentionally is sounding down as if he is not going to select me. After a long pause he says "Congratulations" you in, orientation is blah blah get here early. I think I am going to go just to get my application back because it has my address on it and tell everyone there It is A SCAM!!! I dont need to try it out I get it! It is a numbers game they get guys and girls to vacuum and demonstrate for FREE!! Who would last a month with no pay? If you dont hit the target amount you dont get a base salary! So stay away,,,I'm going in tom cruse style talking about eff this place "Who's Coming With Me" I cant wait for orientation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 02:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-Vacuums-Salesperson/Pasadena-California-/Kirby-Vacuums-Salesperson-Century-Distribution-I-knew-it-was-a-SCAM-Stay-away-from-Kirby-528370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby Vacuums Salesperson

#1 General Comment

went in for orientation

AUTHOR: Benny - (United States of America)

Lol!!! i did the same thing!! i went in told the guy i needed my application back to change some info. Once he handed both application and resume i took off and never turned back hahaha
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC