Complaint Review: Kirby Vacuums operating under Superior Systems

• Reported By: maria — arvada Colorado United States of America
Kirby Vacuums operating under Superior Systems
6771 Miller Street Arvada, Colorado United States of America

Kirby Vacuums operating under Superior Systems is a farce. Arvada, Colorado

I answered an ad for employment; went to the interview; was told I didn't get the job & then later was called in for unpaid training.   Was told that I would have to give demonstrations on the Kirby vacuum system and that all calls would be prearranged for me.

As the week progressed I was told the Customer Service Dept. who made the appointments was let go and I'd have to do my own calls.  I only had to do 60 demos in a month and would get paid $2200 at the end of one month...if I was unable to complete 60 but had at least 30, I would be paid half the salary

I was to make my own appointments by calling and asking if a demo could be done on one room in the house, and if they would give some can goods for the needy.

Well I didn't make the 60 demos, but did over half of them, but now was told I would receive nothing for my time, gas...working hours were 10am to 10pm...

I thought that since this was the Kirby Vacuum cleaner that I was selling, and it's been around for years, that I certainly wouldn't have been deceived like this.  I know there are other reports like this and I think someone needs to get this type of employment practice stopped--people need jobs and don't need to waste their time on scams like this!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-Vacuums-operating-under-Superior-Systems/Arvada-Colorado-80004/Kirby-Vacuums-operating-under-Superior-Systems-is-a-farce-Arvada-Colorado-546455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby Vacuums operating under Superior Systems