Complaint Review: Kirby Vacuums

• Updated: Thu, October 29, 2009

• Reported By: Jessica — Tomsriver New Jersey USA
Kirby Vacuums
1184 Fisher Blvd Tomsriver, New Jersey United States of America

Kirby Vacuums Kirby Don't Work For GARY AT G&D ASSOICATES!!!! HE LIES AND TELLS YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR TO EARN A BUCK!! Tomsriver, New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: dicussion of Kirby employment.

Don't work for Gary he lies... As a single mother I tried to find a job that was fexible for me and my daughter... Gary the owner of company, was nice at first.  What happen he promise me a Bahamma Vaction if my mother bought the vaccum.  So my stepfather being a nice man he is got the stupid vaccum.  Well i never recieved it all all.  My mother called and spoke to the lier Gary!!! All he she she signed a paper and she never finish her 6 appointments. My mother Said" you told me and her that you would give the the trip if i bought the KIRBY"!!! Gary also said he would pay me my $100 sign on bonus and pay me for my time going on 2 appointments to watch, he never did!!! PLEASE NOTE HE TELLS EVERYBODY HE WILL PAY YOU $500 A WEEK SALARY, THAT IF YOU GO ON 15 APPOINTMENTS!!! IF YOU SELL ANY VACCUMS YOU WILLNOT GET IT!!!! When me and another fellow ex employee wanted our pay.  It was the end of the world!!! He got so nasty and mean.    Wait it get better... He has this mean nasty worker named Lisa... who is just mean person in nature.  I was on an appointment, the woman wanted the stupid vaccum.  So i called and Mean Lisa answered the phone... She wouldn't talk to the person.   I told MeanLisa that she has little time she has to get her kids.  She said you need to do this and that. I explained she has to leave soon.  So i said " find i will" Well 20mins later i called back and said " She has to leave please talk to her now"  Well Mean Nasty Hearted Lisa Yelled and said you need to do this and that!!!! The woman wanted the vaccum whats was her problem. Why couldn't MeanLisa talk to her.  So MeanLisa hung up on me!!! I got so upset at her for doing that!!! I told the woman what happen and couldn't believe it why that MeanLisa would do that!!!  The lady was kind woman and she ended up paying me to clean her room.  I thank her for doing that and left... So far that day i got told off for getting my paycheck and MeanLisa hungup on me!!!! So i decide to quit the job i don't need the drama from grown adults.  I went back to drop of the vaccum.  I told him what happen... He said"Lisa told me everything that I hung up on her 3 times!!! I said no i didn't she hung up and me. GARY said " whywould i believe you i known her longer," WOW!!! What would I get out of hanging up they have to close the sale!!! I want to make money!!!!  I wasn't allowed to close a sale...So i told him whatever I'm out of here!!!!  There was no point of defending myself!!!  He would rather listen to her.. In which i'm shocked he was talking all this kind of things about her to me. When i went on an appointment with Gary. In fact he said he was going to pay me for my time and never did at all!!!! Also MeanLisa was rude and mean to my friend i was doing a show to!!! She was just nso nasty to her!!!   Why wold you want to be around that type of people!!!!  I don't know any person who got the trip!!! He was so rude to a women that i was working with.  She was in her late 50's early 60's... she wasn't strong enough to carry the vaccum gave her an office job!!! HE promise i would be in the office and lied about that... he ended up hiring another woman.  Told the other woman she's alot better and he has no place for her here!!!! What a jerk!!!  I was happy she blasted him!!! Very nervey of him!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2009 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-Vacuums/Tomsriver-New-Jersey-08753/Kirby-Vacuums-Kirby-Dont-Work-For-GARY-AT-GD-ASSOICATES-HE-LIES-AND-TELLS-YOU-WHAT-Y-505048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby Vacuums

#1 Consumer Suggestion

dicussion of Kirby employment.

AUTHOR: mmm - (USA)

I took a couple days of training and decided not to pursue working for the distributor.

I have some tax and business experience and have discovered that their contract withe the dealers is illegal. Both at the state and federal level there is a legal defintion of an employee and an independent contractor. The contract that dealers sign with the distributor is so restrictive that under the law the dealers are defined as employees.

That means that the distributor must withhold federal and state income tax (if your state has income tax). The distributor must also pay their share of medicare and social security tax and federal state unemployment tax.

You should file a complaint with your state department of labor and department of revenue.

If you are classified as an employee the company owes you the minimum wage for the hours you worked or at least 40 hours a week.

If you have filed a tax return as independent contractor you should go the website www.IRS.gov and download form SS-8, fill it in and send it to the IRS.

Note: I am not a labor lawyer but you have the right to file a complaint with the state agencies and the IRS and have them make a determination of your employment status with the Kirby distributor.

tube