Complaint Review: Kirby of Fredericksburg

• Updated: Tue, May 20, 2014

• Reported By: boneyardbabe — Laurel Maryland
Kirby of Fredericksburg
5128 Southpoint Parkway Fredericksburg, Virginia USA

Kirby of Fredericksburg Cancelled sales order has been ignored and no response received from the company. Fredericksburg Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Please call

One Saturday, I was in my front yard in an adult community gardening when a truck pulled up and several people jumped out and dispursed to many addresses on the block brandishing "free" detergent bottles.  The woman who came to me offered to clean my carpet for free with a Kirby vacuum cleaner, and if I made a purchase, she would win a contest.  I allowed her into my home where the impressive demonstration began.  She was an excellent salesperson and I purchased the vacuum even though I already had a good vacuum cleaner.

As I retired that night, I realized that $1260 dollars could accomplished a lot more important things than owning a high-end vacuum cleaner that probably wouldn't get used very much.  The next morning, Sunday, I decided I would cancel the purchase and use the money for a headstone for my brother's grave.  I called the company and continued to do so daily (sometimes 3 times a day) for the next two weeks.  On no occasion did anyone answer the telephone.  All messages I left on the voicemail went unanswered.

I contacted my credit card company and they provided me with an 800 number, which turned out to be the head office of Kirby in Ohio.  I complained to a service person there who instructed me what to do: Sign the copy of the purchase receipt and take it, or mail it to the company within 3 business days of the purchase. I did it that very day and sent it registered mail, well within the 3 business days allowed.   I tracked the delivery and confirmed that it had been received, and continued to call the company to no avail.

A week later, in the middle of the afternoon, the doorbell rang and a group of salespeople swooped into my house and collected the vacuum that I had set aside along with all the attachments.  The saleswoman told me angrily that she had been informed that I had cancelled the sale, and because of that, she had lost the competition. They removed the vacuum from my home and refused to give me a receipt for the collection.

They also did not (and as of this writing) return my vacuum which I was encouraged to use as a trade-in.  I have continued to call the company to have my original vacuum returned to me and, of course, no one is still answering the telephone.  I am also tracking my credit card account to see if a credit has been posted by Kirby of Fredericksburg.  I will also contact the Kirby head office again to let them know the type of people who are representing their product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2014 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kirby-of-Fredericksburg/Fredericksburg-Virginia-22407/Kirby-of-Fredericksburg-Cancelled-sales-order-has-been-ignored-and-no-response-received-f-1148204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kirby of Fredericksburg

Please call

AUTHOR: Customer Relations - ()

Ms. Maryland,

The Kirby Company takes all complaints seriously and apologize for your frustrations regarding the cancellation of your Kirby purchase.

Since The Kirby Company is not engaged in the retail sales of the home cleaning system, we do not issue the refunds or return the trade ins after cancellation.   Please note that The Kirby Company manufactures a high quality cleaning system, which it sells to authorized, independent distributorships such as Kirby of Fredericksbuerg.  These distributorships then sell to consumer end-users.

Please contact Customer Relations at 1-800-494-8586, Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Eastern Time so they can assist by contacting the independent distributorship and mediate the return of your trade in and the refund.

Kirby Customer Relations