receives

• Reported By: Mad — in Missouri United States of America
Kitchen Advance
405 West Fairmont Dr Internet United States of America

Kitchen Advance Ordered a book , got a sous vide Internet

I ordered a book for .99 plus S&H , I got an email to confirm I had placed my order, yet there was no reference as to what I had ordered , or how much the cost. This was approx. Jan.18th, 2013.

Right after the 1st of Feb. I checked my bank account, and there was a charge for $63.69. It was was from Kavi in California, I did a search and couldn't come up with any answers on who this charge would be from, but a few days later I get an email from kitchen advance with a tracking no. and it said my package was on the way.  I waited until the delivery man came and opened the package, and it was a sous vide,  a vaccum sealer,  thermometer, and 4 books.

So I went to the website and saw that they sell this item, and it was $39.99 down and 3 more payments of 39.99.  Only difference was I didn't get the cook book that was for the sous vide, or the 30 bags with the vacuum sealer, I only got 3 bags.

I called to find out how to send this back, as I had not ordered it, I had only order the one book, and the lady offered to take off $20.00 off the final price to save me the trouble of sending it back.

So I ask her how much more I would have to pay, and she told me $73.xx and $63.69 for 3 more payments after that. And I told her no way, and to just give me a return number, and instructions, so she put me on hold, and came back and said she could give me $35.00 off the total,  but no more to save me the trouble, and I ask her how much I would be refunded when I sent this thing back, at which time she told me I would be charged $56.75, and I would have to send everything back. So I ask her why that much to ship the box, as it didn't weigh even 10 lbs, and she said that was the shipping and handling charge, and I informed her I was going to contact my State Attny. General and she hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kitchen-Advance/internet/Kitchen-Advance-Ordered-a-book-got-a-sous-vide-Internet-1017125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kitchen Advance