Complaint Review: Kitchenaid

Kitchenaid
533 Benson Road Benton Harbor, Michigan United States of America

Kitchenaid - Reprehensible customer service Benton Harbor, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: KitchenAid Cares

My built-in microwave (KBMS1454SSS) stopped working properly while still under warranty.  On advice from the Kitchenaid customer service department, I took the microwave to the local "factory authorized" service center where I spent $234.85.  I took the microwave back home and reinstalled it, but it still didn't work.  I took it back to the local "factory authorized" service center and, after eight days, he told me there was nothing more he could do.

I called the Kitchenaid customer service department again, and they said my only option was to get a second opinion which, of course, I had to pay for.  They sent A&E Factory Service to my house ($128 for a service call) and the technician ordered a part, came out two weeks later to install it, and that part did not fix the problem.  After six visits (each of which I had to take off work and wait at my home for the repairman), the technician finally deemed my microwave "unrepairable."  He put that in writing and instructed me to contact Kitchenaid for a replacement unit.

One month, twenty phone calls, numerous promises of call-backs, and several supervisors later, Kitchenaid offered to replace my microwave (they called it a "pro-rated exchange") for $990.  I explained that I had already spent $400 to repair the $1100 unit that I had, and that an additional $990 hardly seemed fair to replace a high-end unit that did not work.  They agreed to drop the "pro-rated

exchange" price to $468.  I told them that us unacceptable and they said, "We're sorry, that's all we are

prepared to do."

This is a very attractive unit and I thought I was getting the best when I bought Kitchenaid, but after this five month-long process of trying to get my problem solved, I could not be more dissatisfied with the Kitchenaid customer service department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kitchenaid/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Kitchenaid-Reprehensible-customer-service-Benton-Harbor-Michigan-835987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kitchenaid

KitchenAid Cares

AUTHOR: Whirlpool Cares - (USA)

Hello Randy.  My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid. We apologize about the frustration you have
experienced with your microwave.  If you still need our assistance, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (RipoffReport), your user ID name (Randy), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.