Complaint Review: Kitchenaid

PO Box 2011 Young America, Minnesota United States of America
  • Phone: 800-324-5508
  • Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

Kitchenaid Random Rebate processing company: Deceptive and fraudulent rebate practices, rebate form "not received", wait ANOTHER 8 weeks Young America, Minnesota

I had purchased a Kitchenaid Food Processor with a $20 rebate offer on March 4, 2011 and mailed (and kept all copies) the form and all of the required information (UPC code, receipt, model number, serial number etc.) on March 9.  Note the rebate requirements stated that the request must be postmarked by April 26, 2011.  I waited the 8 weeks required to receive my rebate (May 4, 2011).  When I did not receive it by May 11 I called the 800 number provided on the form.  I was told they had no record of receiving my form and asked that I resubmit the information to their "special handling" department.  When I asked how long it would take for me to receive my rebate after submitting the information for the second time I was told it would take another 8 weeks.  It sure doesn't seem that the "special handling" department does anything special at all if it will still take eight weeks for me to receive my rebate.  I also have to question the need for a "special handling" department.  Why would this group be in existence except to handle the customers, like myself, that have kept records and remembered they are due a rebate and called to follow up.  They are hoping the consumer will be fed up and go away.  My online research shows that this is standard rebate processing practice.  They are hoping that we, the consumers, will go away.  I contacted Kitcheaid as well to let them know that the company they hired to process their rebates are attempting to rip off their customers.  They couldn't care less.  As I can't discontinue doing business with the rebate processing company, I will be sharing my experience with family and friends and will no longer be a Kitchenaid customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2011 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kitchenaid/Young-America-Minnesota-55553-2011/Kitchenaid-Random-Rebate-processing-company-Deceptive-and-fraudulent-rebate-practices-re-728013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kitchenaid