Complaint Review: Kitchen's Plus - Canyon Granite

• Submitted: Fri, November 17, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By:Newton Kansas
Kitchen's Plus - Canyon Granite
1104 East Douglas 1330 East Douglas Wichita, Kansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 316-264-0303
  • Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

Kitchen's Plus - Canyon Granite ripoff dishonest high priced poor customer service inadequate work ruin walls sinks trim etc. and don't replace them Wichita Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: Employee Comment

*UPDATE Employee: Employee Comment

*Consumer Comment: Canyon Granite is awesome

I looked at several companies trying to get a granite or quartz countertop installed in my home and I found Kitchen's Plus and Canyon Granite. They do work together and I think Randy Eaton owns both companies.

They told me they would have everything done in two weeks and ready to install as a normal turnaround which made me happy because I was needing something done in a short time frame. They were about 25%-40% higher priced than everyone else in town but were the only company with a 2 week turnaround so I elected to pay more for that and that they said their work was superior to everyone else in town because they make their own product.

Long story short....they have been to my house 7 times and my Kitchen looks like a war zone. They did not cut the counter correctly and forgot to round the edges on one side so instead and going and running through their machine the installer tried to fix it by rounding the edges with a handheld grinder. You could imagine what that looked like. Then they did not use epoxy to hold the countertop together so it came apart and I could literally see through the joints in the top. They left my home without saying anything to anyone in the house and attempted to collect funds the next day as if nothing happened.

They have ruined the walls, cut trim pieces to short around the countertop, used old pieces of quartz that are scratched and marred up, pieced the backsplash together from several pieces they had laying around and ruined the brand new sink I purchased from them. They will not do anything about it either. They act like a quick spackel job will make it all better but you can't spackel an entire corner of your wall ripped off. They did an additional $1,600.00 damage to my home on top of their price for the countertop that I could have and should have had done elsewhere for at least $1000.00 if not $2000.00 cheaper. Plus I have to have another company come in and replace and reinstall the backsplash they installed because they are out of material and apparently will not order more to make a job right and a customer happy.

I am currently filing and complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General and will be sending a letter to the editor of the Wichita Eagle.

I have never filed a complaint in my life about anything but when it involves a several thousand dollar investment and something that you have to look at and be happy with everyday you are going to save yourself much time, disgust and anger if you just simply DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KITCHEN'S PLUS OR CANYON GRANITE.

This is only a fraction of issues with them....there are many more issues....I could list things on and on and on for pages but I think I have done my part in WARNING you about the danger to your home by doing business with these companies

Drew
Newton, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2006 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kitchens-Plus-Canyon-Granite/Wichita-Kansas-67114/Kitchens-Plus-Canyon-Granite-ripoff-dishonest-high-priced-poor-customer-service-inadequ-221106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kitchen's Plus - Canyon Granite

Employee Comment

AUTHOR: Kyle Eaton - (United States of America)

I have worked full time for both businesses Kitchens Plus and Canyon Granite for over 2 years now and part time for 3 before I was full time. I have never seen anything like what was posted above the entire time I have worked here and have never heard or seen a bad review from any of our customers. As a matter of fact we have quite a few customers that come back to us. We don't have a 2 week turn around its only a 7 day turn around and 75% of the time its shorter than 7 days. We don't do any edges on the job sites we bring a messed up piece back to the shop and rerun them on our CNC machine. And I have never seen an install not completed like what was said above. I don't know who posted the above article but what they are saying is not true.

Employee Comment

AUTHOR: Kyle Eaton - (United States of America)

Canyon Granite is awesome

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Canyon Granite is a great company with customer satisfaction being there number one concern. The owner has bid for and complete 2 jobs and I've given him a third job over the weekend. The companies workmanship, attention to detail and overall willingness to make you the customer satisfied is what this company is about. This company comes highly recommended and I will continue to send work to Canyon Granite at every oppurtunity.