transformation

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Paralegal — Maricopa Arizona United States of America
Kittens For Adoption.US
Richmond, Virginia Internet United States of America

Kittens For Adoption.US njok mox Free Kitten For Adoption, To adopt for free, a Russian Blue cat Internet

My daughter and I were searching to adopt a "Russian Blue" cat to add to our family; to be a brother or sister to our current 5 year old Russian Blue.

We came across the website http://www.kittensforadoption.us/ and as we were scrolling through to find the right fit for our family we responded to this posting.

This is the actual AD the "ALLEGED SCAMMER" posted:

Cat ad published on 02-01-2013

Please report any scam/fraud suspicion. Beware before dealing with unknown individuals asking for wire transfers, cashier checks, money orders, or any promise of shipping, transaction protection/guarantee. [continued below]....
.....

Below are the actual Email communications that took place on February 5, 2013 between the party we were seeking to adopt the kitten from, and us.

FIRST RESPONSE I RECEIVED BACK FROM THE "ALLEGED SCAMMER" TO MY INITIAL INQUIRY:

Hello ,
thanks for the mail and the interest you have for my little kitten, please you can contact me via (njokmox@hotmail.com) for more info and picture of the kitten. You should make sure that the subject of your mail should be Russian Blue.

OUR EMAIL RESPONSE TO INQUIRE MORE ABOUT THE KITTEN FOR ADOPTION:

Hi,

Thank you for responding to my Email.  We would love to know more about him/her and when they are available to join our family and to be a sister or brother to our 5 year old RB [name of our cat edited out].

Would you kindly send a picture with their age?  Also, I want to confirm again that he or she has their shots, are spayed or neutered, etc. and would the Vet's documentation confirming that all has been done be given to us when adopted?

Please call me when you have a moment at the number listed below so we can discuss any further details for adoption, thank you.

Sincerely,
[My name edited out]

RESPONSE EMAIL RECEIVED FROM "ALLEGED SCAMMER":

Hello,

thanks  for emailing in regards to my kittens.They are still available .The kittens are just 12 weeks ,vet checked, good temperament with kids and other pets.  I exercise regularly and take the kittens always for a walk.  My kittens are raised in the same home and environment.

I live in  (Richmond,Virginia) with the kittens but i extended my ad in some other States,so if you are close,i will give you my address  so that you can come for the kittens,but if you happen to be far, we are going to arrange in having one or both kittens shipped over to your address that you will give me.

I am giving one for $200  and that will includes the shipping fee.I have two kittens available and their names are Sandy and Skippy. I will email you some recent pictures when you tell me the sex you are interested on .So i have some few questions for you which i hope you get back to me with the answers sincerely.

-Were exactly are you currently located ?
-Are you familiar with this kind of breed ?-Do you have a good environment for the kittens ?-And are you interested in the male, female or the two?

Sorry for all the questions but i just need to know more information about the kind of home and environment the kittens will be going to.

Regards.

MY FINAL COMMUNICATION BACK TO THE "ALLEGED SCAMMER":

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am quite shocked to receive this Email response regarding money.  These kittens are posted as being free and the locale where they are allegedly located is as you stated in your AD posting.  Further, on the bottom of this ad please read where it talks about....Please report any scam.....or any promise of shipping transaction.

Now, I have full belief that this is a scam and will be reporting you to the proper law enforcement and other authorities for their follow-up and actions against you - pretending to be selling these kittens for free etc. but asking for money.  FREE means FREE!!!

Sadly for these beautiful, innocent animals, they are stuck with an individual like you - SCAMMER who is using them as pawns for money.

KITTEN FOR ADOPTION

cat classifieds

KITTEN FOR ADOPTION

cat classifieds

To adopt for free, a russian blue cat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kittens-For-AdoptionUS/internet/Kittens-For-AdoptionUS-njok-mox-Free-Kitten-For-Adoption-To-adopt-for-free-a-Russian-Bl-1009578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kittens For Adoption.US