Complaint Review: Kitty Hawk Wholesale

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Ray L — Furlong Pennsylvania
Kitty Hawk Wholesale
333 Rector Pl New York, New York USA

Kitty Hawk Wholesale Buys from retail outlets and resells them at an exhorbitant markup on Amazon.Com New York New York

Kitty Hawk Wholesale operates a storefront on Amazon.com.  I ordered two queen size down blankets from them through Amazon.  I paid $204.92 for the two blankets, including postage, which I charged to my Amazon Store Card.  When I received the blankets, I noticed that they were shipped from Costco.com, came in a Costco.com box, were labeled as a Costco.com product, and included a Costco receipt.  The blankets were not the quality of a $100 blanket.  I looked for the blankets at Costco's website, and there they sold for $71 each, including tax and free delivery.  I immediately requested a return authorization from Kitty Hawk through Amazon.  After several weeks of back and forth emails, Kitty Hawk finally sent me two prepaid shipping labels to return the blankets.  Much to my dismay, Amazon credited only $117.32 to my account.  I appealed the credit amount to Amazon twice, and both times my appeal was denied.  I then filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's office, and Amazon responded that Kitty Hawk had rightfully subtracted $51.80 in shipping costs and $35.80 in restocking charges (buyer's remorse) from the original $204.92, resulting in a reimbursement of $117.32.  Bear in mind that the restocking fee was not previously disclosed, and that the shipping costs were far less than the $51.80 that they charged.  I wrote to the CEO of Amazon, but my letter was not even acknowledged.  So buyer beware... if you buy from a third party through Amazon, you will not be guaranteed your money back, and if the third party retailer is Kitty Hawk Wholesale, you will get products that you can purchase elsewhere at a fraction of the cost!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kitty-Hawk-Wholesale/New-York-New-York-10280/Kitty-Hawk-Wholesale-Buys-from-retail-outlets-and-resells-them-at-an-exhorbitant-markup-o-1065314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kitty Hawk Wholesale