Complaint Review: Kmart

• Submitted: Thu, November 22, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 22, 2012

• Reported By: chrissy — honesdale Pennsylvania United States of America
Kmart

Kmart Price Match...beware kmart does not price match. but rep says they do, Internet

When looking into buying a new TV I found Walmart had a lower price then Kmart for the same TV..Kmart has their rewards card and pick up in store so i thought i would give them a call to see if they would price match. the sales where online so i called their customer service #. The first question I asked was "do you price match" I was then put on hold, when she came back i was asked if this was a sears item or a kmart item..I said kmart, again hold..once she came back to me she told me yes we can price match that for you. Ok great!

I started to place the order with her, by the end she gave me the total that was not a lower price..when I questioned this she told me a supervisor would have to sign off on this and then $130 would be put back on my card..she informed me the emails were sent to her supervisor and with in an hour or two I would get an email showing this to me.  I asked if i could have something right away, that i did not like the idea of getting off the phone with nothing showing me i would get my money back..I was then told sorry we do not do that only a supervisor can. After that i asked for her name and guess what the line disconnected hmmm??? So I waited 4 hours, remember she told me 1-2 hours i would get an email...

When I called back thank god i got a woman who know her job and I have to say very helpful!!! when starting to tell her I had not gotten my email yet for a price match she asked me the same question a sears item or kmart?? well low and behold I was not put on hold and right away she told me kmart does not price match!!! I was beside my self..the first rep I talked to just right out lied to me!!! I was also told then that they do not have to wait to get anyone to sign off when doing a price match and that a person would get a conf# right away when this is done for a sears item..

I told the rep everything that had gone on that morning with the first call. she was able to see who place the order and I was told she had nothing in the remarks saying anything about a price match, no emails sent..nothing!!! I am not sure why the first rep just out right lied to me, but after an hour on the phone with the 2nd rep kmart did make it right, they did not do a full price match but did give me 20% off and at his point I took it..in the end i lost about $30 bucks..I just want to inform people to beware when talking to the reps at kmart.com..if the 1st rep told me the truth I would have just place my order in walmart..I guess this in what she did not want..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2012 03:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kmart/internet/Kmart-Price-Matchbeware-kmart-does-not-price-match-but-rep-says-they-do-Internet-972466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kmart