Complaint Review: Kmart.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 26, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, November 26, 2010

• Reported By: T-Rock — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
Kmart.com

Kmart.com Kmart/Sears Falsely Advertised Product Prices ONLINE for BLACK FRIDAY SALE Internet

After experiencing much difficulty in attempting to purchase a Sony Bravia TV KDLthat was advertised as $529.99 on the home page of Kmart.com (but when you try to purchase it the price changed to 699.99 the regular price), I decided to contact customer service first, then a Kmart personal shopper. See correspondence as follows:    My second email:

Re: Item: Sony Bravia 40" LCD  Model #: KDL40EX400 Brand Sony Size: 40" Color: BLK  Qty: 1
  This is the second inquiry I have made (no response to first). At 8:00 am this morning, I made several attempts to purchase this item that was being originally advertised for 529.99 (the regular price was 699.99). (I have the printout) However, only the 699.99 price came up when I was at checkout. Therefore, I was not able to purchase it. Emailed your Customer Service regarding this matter at 9:39am to fix the problem--wasn't fixed. Soon after same tv advertised for 699.99 on one page, and 549.00 on another, but can only purchase it for 699.99. What is the problem? I thought is was an error, but seems like false advertising to me. By the way, Target has the same tv on sale today for $549.99, will pay the extra $20.00 to spare myself further headache. No more KMART for me!

Kmart Customer Service response:

Good Evening Rock,

Thank you for contacting Kmart.com regarding your query.

We appreciate your interest in the item Sony Bravia 40" LCD that you have found on our website. I understand that before checkout the price of the item was $529.99 however after checkout it became $699.99. I understand your concern regarding this matter.

Rock, I apologize that I am unable to honor your request of purchasing this item at $549.99. I see that the price of this item is $699.99. When you add the item to cart for purchase, the price it shows there is the actual price. I apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate you to place the order.

We thank you for your patience and cooperation. We are here for you!

We want to make you happy. Take our survey to tell us how we're doing.

Look for great bargains throughout the store and find Kmart exclusive brands like Thalia Sodi, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Jaclyn Smith.

Regards,

Ashley G

Kmart.com Customer Care 1-866-562-7848

What a joke!  Needless to say, as of 30 mins. ago, they still had the tv advertised on their homepage for $549.99, but don't try to actually purchase it for that amount. They will not honor their advertised price, no matter what.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2010 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kmartcom/internet/Kmartcom-KmartSears-Falsely-Advertised-Product-Prices-ONLINE-for-BLACK-FRIDAY-SALE-Inter-665742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kmart.com