Complaint Review: Kmart.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2007

• Reported By:northville Michigan
Kmart.com
3333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, Il 60179 Internet U.S.A.

Kmart.com Order Cancelled After Confirmed Delivery Date Hoffman Estates Illinois

I purchased a 26' Sony TV for $549 from Kmart.com on 11/22. I received a call from a customer service rep confirming my order on 11/24. On 11/26 I received an email stating that my TV would be delivered on 11/27. That day I waited for my TV until about 6:30 pm then I called customer service. The rep I spoke with told me that because of a high volume of orders I would have a later delivery date & would receive an email with updated delivery info shortly. Later that night I received an email saying that my order had been cancelled due to insufficient stock. After speaking with several customer service reps the only thing they offered to do to resolve this issue was give me 10% off a future order.

I understand that there was a limited quantity of TVs but I shop online all the time & so far the websites I have shopped on have updated quantities of their merchandise on a real time basis. In fact, I purchased a TV from Circuit City on Thanksgiving 2006 during a special promotional event & had no problem whatsoever. I believe finding out almost a week later that an item you purchased is out of stock is unacceptable. To add insult to injury, the customer service supervisor I spoke with named Julie actually hung up on me! I've never had a customer service rep hang up on me. I work in sales & marketing and would never treat a customer that way. Its no wonder their sales are suffering so badly. I would like for other consumers to know about Kmart.com.

Jmarie03
northville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2007 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kmartcom/internet/Kmartcom-Order-Cancelled-After-Confirmed-Delivery-Date-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-288712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kmart.com