Complaint Review: Knight of Columbus insurance

• Updated: Thu, April 24, 2014

• Reported By: KevinGavaghan — Corona California
Knight of Columbus insurance
Nationwide USA

Knight of Columbus insurance I have made 4 attempt to cash surrender policies since Janurary still not cash surrendered yet Nationwide

I have tried to cash surrender 3 policies my father bought for my kids. He was An agent for the K of C. He retired 18 ago and has sinced passed away. They are whole life policies and I think a term policy and an investment fund is better .

I spoke with a general agent on line she did not work just for K of C but several insurance companies. she emailed me forms and I sent them in. K of C sent me other forms I had to fill out. I sent them in and they were the wrong forms. they sent me several new forms.

I called a local K of C office twice.An agent came out and filled out the forms. I sent them in 4 weeks later when nothing came in the mail I called K of C. I was told the forms I sent in were the wrong ones.

I was told I needed a hold harmless form.  I told the lady that the forms I sent in were hold hamless and I told her I had the carbon copies. She then said they needed to be notorized.I told her the form stated "AN AGENT OR NOTORY"

Now I was very upset three times they sent forms and I do what they tell me to do. I get an agent to fill out the forms and Im told he was new and did not know what he was doing. I did get very upset and not getting anywhere I asked to speak to her supervisor. she refused and hung up me.

It is four months later and I get a letter stating since I am not taking any action to cash in the policies  loans against the cash value were taken out of the policies and they were reinstated

I am trying for the fourth time to cash these policies in lets see what happens Im sure glad my father Is around to see how policiy holders are treated. He made a good living by word of mouth referrals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Knight-of-Columbus-insurance/nationwide/Knight-of-Columbus-insurance-I-have-made-4-attempt-to-cash-surrender-policies-since-Janur-1141576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Knight of Columbus insurance