Complaint Review: Knowledge Micro Express, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, March 08, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 11, 2003

• Reported By:Arkansas City KS
Knowledge Micro Express, Inc.
http://www.knowledgemicro.com/ San Jose, California U.S.A.

Knowledge Micro Express, Inc. ripoff on a return and refund San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal to rebuttal ..There is also a difference between a return policy that wants to keep customers coming back and one that pisses the consumer off

*Consumer Comment: You did agree to "their" return policy!

I bought 4 DIMMs of memory for a total price of $1080. I had to return the memory because the motherboard I was going to get was backordered beyond the 14 days you could return the memory. As soon as I got the package I emailed for an RMA and it took 3 days to get one. It took another 12 days after they received the package to get the actual refund on my credit card.

They refunded only $760.40. I found out that they charged me a restocking fee of %15 and only refunded what the memory was selling for at the time of the refund. This turns out to be almost a 30% charge for nothing. They got their memory back and I got stuck with a charge of $319.60.

Scott
Arkansas City, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2003 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Knowledge-Micro-Express-Inc/San-Jose-California/Knowledge-Micro-Express-Inc-ripoff-on-a-return-and-refund-San-Jose-California-48510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Knowledge Micro Express, Inc.

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

I understand that those are the rules they specified for returns. The question is "should I have to pay for the time that they screwed around getting an RMA and for actually getting a refund to my credit card?" If I could have gotten an RMA and a credit quickly, the price wouldn't have dropped that much from the time I bought it.

There is also a difference between a return policy that wants to keep customers coming back and one that pisses the consumer off and causes them to never buy another thing from them and to make sure none of his friends does either. This is a case of the latter.

In a perfect world everyone would read the return policies but I'm afraid this world is far from perfect and there are lots of people who don't read the policies befor purchasing. I have never run into a return policy like this before. Everyone assumes the policy will be fair. I have paid restocking fees before but I've never been charged for the change in price.

I put this report here so that everyone would know what to expect from this company and not buy anything from them.

AUTHOR: RJ - (U.S.A.)

First, I have NO connection with Knowledge Micro Express, Inc. I had never even heard of the company until now. (Of course, someone will be stupid and still say that I somehow am anyway!)

But I was curious as to whether you really did get ripped. So I went to their web site to look at Warranties and Returns and found, in part:

The refund is based on the lower of: the item's current market price or the invoice price. You are responsible for the shipping of the product back to us. Please ship by a trackable, insured method.

News Flash: You DID, of course, take the time to read this BEFORE ordering? The return policy was NOT hidden from you! Just because a person does not like the end result of a transaction, it DOES NOT necessarily qualify as being a scam.

Simply put, by ordering, YOU ACCEPTED THEIR RETURN POLICY. You have no basis for complaint.

soap