Complaint Review: Kodak And United Camera And Binocular Repair

• Submitted: Sat, November 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, November 17, 2007

• Reported By:Woodridge Illinois
Kodak And United Camera And Binocular Repair
1062 Tower Lane Bensenville, Illinois U.S.A.

Kodak And United Camera And Binocular Repair kodak camera's are the biggest ripoff don't even think of trying to get your camera fixed by united camera repair Bensenville Illinois

I puchased a kodak easyshare camera approx value $200 over 5 years ago and it lasted a couple of years before it stoped working (selector dial) called kodak and was given an repair authorization # and address to send camera to a repair shop (united camera and binocular repair) sent camera and was told camera was out of warranty and had to pay for repair $145.

Since the camera was so old and the technology was so much better I decided to buy a new camera.
I got a good deal on a new kodak easyshare DX4690 approx $400.

I used this camera for 1 year before it stoped working, you guessed it (selector dial) called kodak and was given a authorization # and brought the camera in for repair to united camera last nov.2006 the repair was $145 and the camera worked fine untill, a few weeks ago the same problem started again.

This time I went to united camera and binocular repair myself and stated that
I had this camera repaired here for the same problem last year about the same time.
I was told they would look at the camera and to call the next day for an estimate.

Called the next day and they said there work is only warranted for 30 days and that the repair would be $147.
I declined the work and said I would be in in a couple of days to pick-up my camera $35 for the estimate.
When I recieved my camera I looked it over and saw that when they took it apart they "pryed it open with something and you could tell by the plastic it was damaged.

A supervisor was called and she told me that they didn't do it cause they would not have had to open the camera to estimate repairs on it.
I argued that was not the condition of my camera when I brought it in and mentioned that this was some kind of scam.
But got noware. However they offered to buy my camera and sell me a refirbished one for a discount. I would never buy another kodak product as long as I live and will call the attorney general's office and file a complaint as all of you who have hade the same issues with kodak and thier rip-off repair company (united camera and binocular repair )should.

Woodridge, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2007 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kodak-And-United-Camera-And-Binocular-Repair/Bensenville-Illinois-60106/Kodak-And-United-Camera-And-Binocular-Repair-kodak-cameras-are-the-biggest-ripoff-dont-285276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kodak And United Camera And Binocular Repair