Complaint Review: Kodak

• Reported By: Kittie — Willcox Arizona United States of America
Kodak
343 State Street Rochester, New York United States of America

Kodak New Camera, no software available Rochester, New York

*Consumer Comment: Possible help.

I purchased a new Kodak EasyShare Sport Camera. I read the reviews of the camera before I made my purchase. The feature that led me to buy it was the "EasyShare". When the camera arrived, fisrt we had to go buy a memory card as one did not come with it, then we tried to download  the EasyShare software only to find out it isn't available after Sept 2012. When they displayed the camera for sale it had a big NEW on it. We called Customer Support after finding software on the Kodak site that proved to be unsuccessful, customer support had a 35 minute wait time. We waited only to get someone at a call center in India. She was not helpful at all and spent most of her time away from the phone looking for the link, she sent us the same link that we had already tried. Nonetheless, we tried it again and it still did not work. I am returning the camera. Shame on Kodak, who used to be an American Icon!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kodak/Rochester-New-York-14650/Kodak-New-Camera-no-software-available-Rochester-New-York-986583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kodak

Possible help.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

This software from Kodak might work for you:  http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36656/selected/true

Kodak seems to have replaced the easyshare software with this so called app that is for windows OS PCs (xp and above.)  The download link does work.

FYI, before they stopped making the ES program available, Kodak had already disabled the "email" option in the ES program, as many other electronics manufacturers have.

There was a patent/copyright lawsuit against certain digital camera makers and printer manufacturers for alleged infringment of this "direct to email" technology.  Many manufacturer's simply stopped the service rather than obsorb the cost of litigation.  I'm not claiming Kodak was part of this lawsuit, I'm just offering this as a possible reason for Kodak to discontinue this service and program.