Complaint Review: Kohls Department Stores

• Submitted: Wed, February 10, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 26, 2011

• Reported By: Sean — Burbank California U.S.A.
Kohls Department Stores
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive Menomonee Falls, WI 530 Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin United States of America

Kohls Department Stores Corporate office Confiscation of returned merchandise without exchange or refund. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin

*General Comment: R u kidding me?

I received a gift over the holidays 12/05 from my boss that I had no use for and wanted to exchange for something else. I heard via co-workers that he had purchased his gifts at Kohls. I went to my local Kohls for the exchange and was told that I would be receiving a check from their corporate office, their reasoning was that the cost of the gift dictated how I would receive the exchange.($228) I didn't understand why since they advertise how favorable their return policy is. I left my gift at the store with only a receipt in hand. I GAVE Kohls my merchandise and left with a small piece of paper. I felt uneasy about doing this but was assured from the service rep behind the counter that I would receive a corporate refund check in the mail in a week. Okay. I waited for 7 weeks! Finally, I decided to give them a call. I spoke to someone in their corporate office. She was rude, blunt, condescending, and interrupted me midsentence. She said I need to ask the person that gave me the gift about 20 questions like "What store, what time, what payment", etc. Never would I ask my BOSS these questions so I told her that I would rather not ask. I didn't want him to know I had returned his gift. She told me the only option I have is to go back to the store and pick up the product without a return. I was so disgusted at this point, I agreed to go back to the store and pick it up. She said she would call me tomorrow after she speaks to the store and arrange a pick up. I never heard from them again. A week later I called. This time (after entering the tracking info on my receipt to route my call and pull up the notes on their computers) She decides to sac my call to voicemail. I called right back, Got another rude person that spoke over me. Told me that the person that I need to speak to was on her lunch break and she would call me back. She talked to me like a cop would speak to a criminal. Still have yet to get a call back. In summery Kohls is keeping my gift hostage and doesn't seem to care about it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls-Department-Stores/Menomonee-Falls-Wisconsin-/Kohls-Department-Stores-Corporate-office-Confiscation-of-returned-merchandise-without-exc-567626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohls Department Stores

#1 General Comment

R u kidding me?

AUTHOR: trina - (United States of America)

We do not wish to keep your "gift" hostage.  Don't you think we as Kohl's a HUGE company have better things to do than keep your merchandise?