Complaint Review: Kohls

• Submitted: Wed, December 28, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2011

• Reported By: Debbie — mesa Arizona United States of America

Kohls I ordered a comforter set and it was GUARANTEED to be delivered by DEC 24. It didnt arrive until Dec 28th Internet

*Consumer Comment: Weather delays

*Consumer Comment: Guarantee?

*Consumer Comment: Missed Xmas eve? Come on!

*Consumer Comment: Kohl's

*Consumer Comment: Problem is not with Kohls...

*Consumer Comment: When did you order the set?

I ordered a comforter set and it was GUARANTEED to be delivered by Dec 24, 2011.  I was suppose to be at my daughters house at 3 pm, I waited here at my house until 9pm for the comforter to get here, IT did not get here.  I missed out on Christmas Eve, my daughter did not have a gift to open,  If you look up the defination of guarantee it states that to provide a formal assurance or promisethat certain conditions be fullfilled, relating to a product, service or transaction.

It also says the promise to pay anothers debt or fullfillment contract, obligations if that party fails to perform.

I would not of ordered the comforter if it wasnt GUARANTEED to be delivered by Dec 24.

I finally received it on Dec 28th at 6 pm.

I feel as though Kohls should credit my visa card for the amount I paid because they did not fullfill their obligation and deliver it to me by Dec 24.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2011 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls/internet/Kohls-I-ordered-a-comforter-set-and-it-was-GUARANTEED-to-be-delivered-by-DEC-24-It-didn-815110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohls

Weather delays

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

There were indeed massive weather delays in the west.  We sent some presents to Denver and they were 4 days late, one was even perishable chocolate covered strawberries (yum).  We did not freak out and demand a refund, it was no ones fault.

The company who shipped the strawberries reshipped them for us even though the delay was not their fault.  I expect it was our low key conversation with them that made them want to help us.

S**t happens.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Generally any "Guaranteed" arrival is based on paying for expedited "guaranteed" service such as Next Day or 2 Day delivery.  I doubt they would "guarantee" delivery by the 24th if you ordered it to be sent by UPS ground on the 23rd.

Based on the fact you said you received it at 6PM, seems to indicate that it was sent by standard ground or your USPS delivery is very late in the day.  So what was the shipping method you paid for?  Also when did you order it?

If it was UPS, FedEx there is a tracking number that you could have checked on-line and it would have been obvious early on Dec 24th that your package was not going to arrive.

Also are you really saying that you should be allowed to keep the comforter AND get a full refund to your account?  Because at best if it is a shipping issue where the shipper was delayed at best you should get a refund of that, but if you selected the wrong shipping method then that is 100% on you.

As for not having a gift for your daughter to open that is just BS.  You could have printed out the item from the Web site wrapped that up and explain that it was on it's way and would be there any day.  Is it the "best" thing in the world..no but at least they would have had something.  I've had that done to me and once the giver explained it I had absolutely no issue with waiting a few extra days.  I would imagine your daughter would have been just as understanding.

Missed Xmas eve? Come on!

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

At any point, you could have tracked the package online and seen whether it was on the truck to you, or still stuck at a transfer facility.

UPS makes it clear, and any merchant using them ought to as well, that 2nd day air is NOT guaranteed for actually 2 day delivery in the last few days run up to Xmas eve.

Even overnite shipped on the 23rd is not guaranteed for the 24th.

Fedex probably same story and post office? Forget about it.

As the 1st poster requested, we'd love to know what day and time you placed the order and what shipping method.

Did your actual checkout page display this guarantee upon choosing your ship method, or did you see this guarantee displayed elsewhere on the site, in which case it would depend on the shipping you later chose?

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

Indeed, you are probably placing the blame on Kohls when it is, in fact, someone else's fault.  Please be more specific with your info, as the blame could actually be YOURS, or the shipping company.

Problem is not with Kohls...

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

but with the shipping company.  Your report doesn't specify whether Kohls used UPS, FedEx, or USPS.  Which ever it was, your complaint should be directed at them, not Kohls.  Also, I seem to remember a big snowstorm in the southwest just before Christmas.  This could have caused a weather delay, a problem the shipping company has no control over.  Requesting a refund from Kohls for something you eventually received is just plain silly.

When did you order the set?

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

When did you order the set?? Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday?? Did you request 2nd day shipment or standard ground??  Who was supposed to deliver it? UPS, Fedex, or USPS??? More detail would be really helpful.