Complaint Review: Kohls

• Submitted: Sun, January 20, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 20, 2013

• Reported By: kimberly — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Kohls

Kohls theft by deception deceptive sales practices Internet

*Author of original report: You need to know the facts

*Consumer Comment: Know the Difference

I opened a credit card in store 293 in Pittsburgh. I did not want another credit card due to the interest, but when checking out the cashier told me "If you pay 1/3rd of the balance by the payment due date, you can avoid the finance charge. Not too many people know about that perk". Since I could get the card finance charge free, and I wanted the 15% discount on that days purchases and the coupons in the mail, I signed up for the card.

I paid 1/3rd of the balance due yet I am still being charged a finance charge. I even called and spoke to a supervisor that said I was correct and my bill would be adjusted, but the billing department said I "was misinformed and they are sorry, but I have to pay the finance charge." I wouldn't of opened and used the credit card had I known I had to pay 21.9% interest. Kohls STOLE from me, this is theft by deception and should be illegal.

Kimberly, Pittsburgh

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls/internet/Kohls-theft-by-deception-deceptive-sales-practices-Internet-1000140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohls

You need to know the facts

AUTHOR: kimberlyg2007 - ()

Before you call me stupid, you need to look in the mirror. If Kohl's employees are pushing credit cards on consumers like myself under the pretense of "ZERO finance charge/interest if you pay 1/3rd of the balance due" and then after I charge up my card telling me "sorry that is misinformation, you have to pay the finance charge", that is on Kohls. I am a consumer, not an employee of Kohls. It's not my job to know the facts of a credit line at Kohls. I should be able to truat what I am being told by the Kohls employees. Paying 1/3rd of your balance no longer excludes you from interest or finance charges, that is an old Kohls policy, so you do your research and get your facts straight. Get a life, quit calling people stupid and shooting your mouth off about things you have no clue about.

Know the Difference

AUTHOR: Tasha - ()

Before you file a report against a company you should do your research. Before applying for a credit card you should know that there is a difference between a finance charge and interest. You were not misinformed. If you pay 1/3 of your balance you aren't charged a finance charge, however you are charged interest. Kohls is no different than any other credit card, as you can't avoid interest charges unless you pay the ENTIRE amount of ANY purchases made within 30 days. If you choose to not pay each purchase within 30 days of that purchase then you will be charged interest. Filing a complaint only shows your own stupidity for not knowing facts and just wanting a discount. Stupidity doesn't clear you from being responsible for interest fees that you agreed to pay by activating the card.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC