Complaint Review: Kohls

Kohls Online Purchase Ripoff Exhorbitant Shipping Fees Bad Service Internet

*Consumer Comment: Get a grip on your panties dude

*Consumer Comment: Last Of The Big Spenders II

*Consumer Comment: The Last Of The Big Spenders

To all those who shop online, don't buy anything from Kohl's unless you want to be ripped off!! I heard about this store from some relatives up north. This store has very good prices on merchandise. There is a Clearance center on their website with great deals on clothing. I placed an order for a pair of Valentine's panties for my sweetheart, they were a great deal at only $1.29 on clearance.

However, they wanted to charge me $6.95 to ship this one item to me! This is for standard USPS shipping, which as we all know, would normally cost only 55 cents for something so small and lightweight.

Anyway, I contacted the customer service center immediately to inquire as to why shipping is so high for one pair of panties. I informed them of the ACTUAL cost of shipping and packaging materials, and asked if they could charge me a more reasonable amount. The clerk said no, that this is their base fee PER ITEM! So if I wanted to buy three pairs of panties, they would charge me nearly $21 to ship $4 worth of merchandise!

This is an outrage! Not only would the customer service clerk do NOTHING to compensate me for their disgusting overcharge, she defended the store's policy and stated that they enjoy making money off of innocent consumers. I canceled my order as a result, and I encourage everyone to stay far, far away from this online store!

Peter
Pony, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2005 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kohls/nationwide/Kohls-Online-Purchase-Ripoff-Exhorbitant-Shipping-Fees-Bad-Service-Internet-133298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kohls

Get a grip on your panties dude

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Dude, like get a grip on your panties. Just about every company out there has a base rate for shipping. Look at the Home Shopping Channel for instance, they do the same thing. If you want cheat panties, go to the Goodwill Store in your local town.

Later,

Last Of The Big Spenders II

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Went to the Kohl's web site. Click on the shipping tab. Price to ship ONE item $6.95. FEE TO SHIP EACH ADDITIONAL ITEM $1.50. Two items-$8.45,Three items-$9.95. Spelled out in black and white for anyone who bothered to look or read. I guess in all the excitement of finding panties on sale for $1.29, he forgot to look at the shipping charges.

The Last Of The Big Spenders

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Dude, I don't think I'd get on the internet and brag about paying $1.29 for my wife's skivvy drawers as a Valentine's day present. Reminds me of the cheap b*****d who came in and wanted to buy his wife a present for their 30th anniversary.

Take a wild stab at his budget.....30 dollars. 55 CENTS???? What did you want them to do? Put them in an envelope and mail them with a 37 cent stamp. People like you don't have a F.....g clue. If you don't like the price, get off your a*s, get in the car and drive to a store and buy it.

Then you don't have to pay it. Of course you'd have to spend gas MONEY. I had to deal with someone like you a while back. I charged him $5 to mail an item 90 miles to his house. He got the package and saw $2.87 postage. He calls me back and wants a $2.13 refund. I tell him; 1. the package didn't wrap itself,2. packing material doesn't grow on trees and 3. someone, who expects to get paid, had to drive to the PO to mail it and if he didn't like the price, he could get off his a*s and drive the 90 miles to pick it up.

Anyway, then this BIG SPENDER brings up some form of COMPENSATION. I'll bet he was hoping to get the skivvy drawers for FREE. Hey, are you sure your 31st anniversary isn't coming up. Yeah, I hate it when those stores want to make money. Sorry to the rest of you, these type of people just seem to get to me.