Complaint Review: Koldon Moving And Storage

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 28, 2010

• Reported By:Hawthorn Woods Illinois
Koldon Moving And Storage
410 Telser Rd Lake Zurich, Illinois U.S.A.

Koldon Moving And Storage - Koldon North American Moving And Storage Would not fix damaged item; Would not return phone calls. Lake Zurich Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Claim clarification

*Consumer Comment: Nothing for You to Get

In early 2007, I contracted with Koldon Moving and Storage to move us a short distance from Schaumburg, IL to Hawthorn Woods, IL.

Most everything was moved undamaged, however, our futon which has a wooden arm was damaged with a deep scratch. The movers wrote this on my contract along with the words "send claim form". After about 3 weeks, I had not received a claim form. I called and notified I had no claim form. After another month. Still no claim form. I called again. This time a claim form was sent.

I filled out the claim form and promptly mailed it back. I again waited about a month. No response. I called and left a message with the receptionist . I repeated the process of waiting about 2 weeks and calling and leaving a message for about 1 and 1/2 months. I eventually gave up. I guess they knew I couldn't keep it up forever! I guess they won. Good luck in your move! I do NOT recommend Koldon Moving and Storage.

Anonymous
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Koldon-Moving-And-Storage/Lake-Zurich-Illinois-60047/Koldon-Moving-And-Storage-Koldon-North-American-Moving-And-Storage-Would-not-fix-damage-440337. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Koldon Moving And Storage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Claim clarification

AUTHOR: CK - (USA)

First it is up to the consumer to contact the carrier and request a claim form, asking the moving crew to do so does not constitute a claim start up. Even with the delays, it sounds as if you did get the claim form in in the required 90 days from your move date.
Living in Hawthorn Woods you also could have stopped by their office and filed the claim in person, after not receiving the responses you say you didn't get, or followed up on your claim that way.

In response to the second posting here which states you would get .60cents per pound on your damage, this is not true. In the state of Illinois, if you did not purchase valuation on your move, you would be entitled to .30 cents per pound per item. So if your futon frame weighs 50 lbs. for instance, you would receive $15.00.

i understand this is not your complaint, the lack of response was your complaint.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

At most, you're probably entitled to $0.60 per pound when something is damaged beyond any repair. A scratch isn't something you'd get anything for. My guess is that the claim was denied. Be thankful everything else came out unscathed; I've seen a lot worse. I don't know if I would recommend them either, but a scratch is not a reason not to.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC