Complaint Review: Kool Tel America

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 01, 2009

• Reported By:Hopkinsville Kentucky
Kool Tel America
11301 W Olympic Blvd #314 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Kool Tel America Telemarketing Slam in the name of a deceased spouse Los Angeles California

* : Please contact us for assistance

*Author of original report: KoolTel America or OAN Services

I received a call today from a number that didn't show up on Caller ID (Unavailable). The call said that I would be charged for their VOIP services if I didn't call and cancel. Touchy situation; should I call and cancel something I didn't sign up for and risk being scammed by the information they collect to cancel, or let it go and risk being charged?

I don't even have a broadband connection, and couldn't use their service even if I wanted to. Of course, I will never do business with a company that forces me to cancel an account I never asked for.

Even worse, they tell me my husband signed up for it within the last 2 days. How? By Oija board? My husband's been dead for over 3 months. Also, his name was never on the phone account, and he didn't have authorization to make changes.

They tell me they have "cancelled" the account. Sorry, I can't trust a company that uses this kind of recruitment tactics. I will be checking with my phone company, and credit card, and bank accounts on at least a weekly basis for quite some time. The first charge that appears for them will be immediately referred to the Attorney General in both their home state, and mine.

What a dangerous world we're living in these days!

Theresa
Hopkinsville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kool-Tel-America/Los-Angeles-California-90064/Kool-Tel-America-Telemarketing-Slam-in-the-name-of-a-deceased-spouse-Los-Angeles-Californi-447317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kool Tel America

#1

Please contact us for assistance

AUTHOR: Victoria - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately the information provided is not sufficient for us to assits you or locate your account.

Please contac our Customer Service Department and we will he happy to assist you.

Our customer's satisfaction is very important to us, you may call us 24/7 at:

(888) 898-0850 toll-free phone

or email:
support@kooltelamericasupport.com

Regards,

Corporate Customer Service

KoolTel America or OAN Services

AUTHOR: Theresa - (U.S.A.)

Just updating the company name spelling to appear on more searches.

Also note that AT&T will allow you to block "miscellaneous third party charges".