Complaint Review: KoolTel America

• Updated: Mon, August 24, 2009

• Reported By:NYC New York
KoolTel America
Internet U.S.A.

KoolTel America ripped off by leaving phone message on home landline saying I would be billed if not cancelled. Internet

* : KooltelAmerica wants to assist you

message left on my home email saying I registered for a "service" and if not cancelled, billing would ensue. I called number and was told that I was signed up. I denied signing up and was told that they would "cancel" my service. If I had not responded, "my home phone number " would have been billed.

When I demanded to know how they got my number, they said they were Verizon's partner. I threatened to report them and they asked me not to, they would cancel my "service" (that I had not registered for).

I later spoke to Verizon who denied having any partners. This is a total scam, designed to bill you and have you not even notice by burying their charges in your phone bill.

Susan
NYC, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2009 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/KoolTel-America/internet/KoolTel-America-ripped-off-by-leaving-phone-message-on-home-landline-saying-I-would-be-bil-423116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on KoolTel America

#1

KooltelAmerica wants to assist you

AUTHOR: Victoria - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately the information provided is not enough for us to locate any account.

If you received a phone call from us, it was to validate an order. You could have requested all the details from our agent as far as the registration process.

Even if you had been billed and the contacted us, we would have extended every courtesy to you.

Our customer's satisfaction is very important to us and we are a legitimate and successful company.

If you require any further assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely,