Complaint Review: Krazy Kenny's Custom Computer Warehouse

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 19, 2008

• Reported By:dublin Ohio
Krazy Kenny's Custom Computer Warehouse
5965 E Main St Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Krazy Kenny's Custom Computer Warehouse Not Only did they lose my computer they wanted me to pay to have it replaced! Columbus Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Microsoft VS Custom Compuer Warehouse

*Consumer Comment: Custom Computer/Krazy Kenny seems like typical and now has a new business name

I turned my computer into this establishment because of problems with the hard drive. They charged me $50 for the initial cost of the evalution to see what the problem was. I had asked them to make sure and not erase the memory because I had pictures of my deceased mom on this computer and they are irreplaceable. They assured me that everything would be fine. I had to call them numerous times in a 3 week period to find out what was wrong with my computer, they never called me.

Whenever I called they acted like they did not know me and had to do a 20 minute search to find out where my computer was and the status. They finally told me what was wrong told me how they were going to fix and the cost. They assured me that my pictures would still be on the computer once fixed.

After some time and the store moving locations when I finally went to pick up my computer they had lost the hard drive. No idea where my computer was. Kenny told me that I would have to pay to get another one. So with him being the owner there was no choice for me. No computer unless I buy one from them.

Nicole
dublin, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2008 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Krazy-Kennys-Custom-Computer-Warehouse/Columbus-Ohio/Krazy-Kennys-Custom-Computer-Warehouse-Not-Only-did-they-lose-my-computer-they-wanted-me-306657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Krazy Kenny's Custom Computer Warehouse

Microsoft VS Custom Compuer Warehouse

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I found that Custom Computer warehouse had a run in with Microsoft in 2006

Microsoft Files Lawsuit Against Columbus Company Alleging Distribution of Infringing Software
As part of Microsoft Corp.'s commitment to honest and legitimate resellers in the channel, the company filed a lawsuit against a Columbus company for the alleged distribution of infringing Microsoft software.

Microsoft responded to leads to Microsoft's piracy hotline - 1-800-RU-LEGIT - by gathering evidence against the alleged infringer through a test purchase done by a "secret shopper." This program enables the company to purchase and test the authenticity of software in the marketplace. The lawsuit against Custom Computer Warehouse, Inc. was filed on July 14, 2006, alleging the distribution of infringing Microsoft software to an investigator, according to the complaint. The defendant was warned by Microsoft of infringing activities prior to the lawsuit being filed.
Filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Eastern Division:

Microsoft Corp. v. Custom Computer Warehouse, Inc. (Columbus, Ohio) alleging distribution of infringing Windows XP and Office XP Pro.
Case No. 2:06cv590

More info at

Custom Computer/Krazy Kenny seems like typical and now has a new business name

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to let people know that the problems Nicole had with Custom Computer Warehouse doesn't appear to be isolated at I found more complaints at http://columbus.citysearch.com/review/36976653

Also note that Custom Computer Warehouse/Krazy Kenny has a new company they set up at www.Lappros.com as the contact address is the same and is registered to owner Kenny