Complaint Review: Kris (AKA: Chris) Land

• Submitted: Fri, March 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By:Santa Rosa California
Kris (AKA: Chris) Land
12275 Berea Ct. Poway, California U.S.A.

Kris , Chris Land Fraudulently represented himself as a potential dealer and business partner to get a better price and now he won't return the unit. Poway California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: After long pursuit of Craig **** I have a Judgement against Craig **** and Silk Water

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Craig is the person making these slanderous claims; I will have my attorney contact Craig regarding his legal situation.

Kris/Chris called me expressing an interest in the technology I sell and represented himself as a potential dealer and business partner. He used this as a mechanism to purchase my product at a substantially discounted price, which he has a history of doing.He agreed to pay for my expenses to meet with him and install my product on his pool and gold fish pond and later denied that he had agreed to pay my expenses. After my providing pressure to pay at least the airfare, he did pay for the airfare, in addition to 50% of the deeply discounted price for my product.

Some problems were encountered with the original system I installed, so I agreed to send him a different unit. He said I should hold off on sending the new unit, since he was happy to debug the original (Acu-Trol-based system) to learn more about it. After a month, or so, we did agree to swap units.

A couple of months passed and I hadn't heard anything from him so I sent him an e-mail to see how things were going and asked him to pay the remaining 50%. I didn't receive a reply so I sent him another e-mail with a not-so-subtle reference to my past experiences with people that owed me money not communicating with me, which of course insulted him, even though it was true.

At this point I concluded that this relationship wasn't working out, as I feared from the beginning, so I advised Kris/Chris that I would like him to return the unit to me and I would issue him a refund, less a restocking fee.

Well, of course now he starts to claim that he needs to determine how much I owe him for the time he spent debugging my system, even though it was him that essentially insisted that I not swap the first system out sooner, so that he could debug it.
It's been almost two months now, and I haven't heard from him and I have not received my system back.

Santa Rosa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2008 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kris-AKA-Chris-Land/Poway-California-92064/Kris-Chris-Land-Fraudulently-represented-himself-as-a-potential-dealer-and-business-part-315658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kris (AKA: Chris) Land

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Cland - (U.S.A.)

After long pursuit of Craig ****s I have a Court Judgement against Craig **** and Silk Water Technologies from the Superior Court of California, Count of San Diego.

Craig ****, sold me a product in which he first shipped me someone else's product and then finally shipped me "his" product which both failed to work at all.  After it was clear his product would not work Craig **** made and agreement in writing to return my money when I returned "his" product.

I returned all of his product with full documentation and then waited nearly a year while he made promises to refund the monies paid.  After listening to promise after promise I tried to get the issue handled in Small Claims Court.  However after hiring several private investigators it turns out that Craig **** is not only hiding from repaying my money but also is hiding from the IRS to the tune of over $200,000.00.  Both Craig and Maureen **** lived at ****, Santa Rosa, CA  95409 but since going into hiding now apparently lives in the back hills of ****, Kamuela, Hawaii, 96743.  The latest phone number for Craig **** as of a few months ago was 808-747-****.

After multiple tries at getting Craig **** served for Small claims I was left with no choice but to sue Craig **** in the Superior Court, due to the limitations of Small Claims court and proper notification to appear being impossible to get with Craig **** hiding in Hawaii.

At this point I have received a Court Judgment, case number: 37-2012-00052766-CU-BC-NC, for the full return of all amounts paid to Craig ****.  Which I now have to pursue to get my money back.  In my opinion, Craig **** is a crook, my suggestion is to not do business with him for any reason.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Cland - (U.S.A.)

The following claims made by Mr. C are correct, I did contact him regarding his "Silk Water Products" the rest of his claims are partial truths and innuendo. I will include an email from Mr. C about his alleged;

"He agreed to pay for my expenses to meet with him and install my product on his pool and gold fish pond and later denied that he had agreed to pay my expenses. After my providing pressure to pay at least the airfare, he did pay for the airfare,"

Where in the email you can see what he mailed after the visit and claimed that he was very poor and couldn't pay for cloths for his kids and needed me to pay what ever I thought was fair. Please see below;

"RE: Pool System
From: Craig
Sent:Sun 8/26/07 2:28 PM
To: chris land (cland1@hotmail.com)

Hello Kris!I made it home safely, but not without some airlineshenanigans. I've attached an invoice for the controller. I realizeyou wanted a PayPal invoice, but I would like to avoid the Paypal fee if possible.

My travel expenses were as follows:
Plane: $316.60
Hotel: $108.29Rental
Car: $37.89
Taxi:$45.00

Please feel free to contribute to these expenses as you deem reasonable."

I then responded with a phone call asking why he felt I should pay his expences as he chose to fly to San Diego and had multiple business meetings while supposadly being her only for me??? Because of his whining I agreed to pay for the airfair, but only I was trying to build a business relationship at the time.

Now comes the real fun part, thoughout our verbal and emailed discussions about Mr. C's Silk Water products he made all the claims that you would expect from a "Silk Water" product, i.e. beautiful water, clear, no chemicals, no acid, etc. No where did Mr. Combes say or publish "Please buy my beautiful Silk GREEN Water products." Buyer Beware!!! Look at a copy of his first invoice to me after installation...

"Craig would like to be paid through PayPal.
Pay Craig now with PayPal!
-------
Invoice
Qty Description Unit Price Amount
1 2-Body Pool Sanitizing System w/2 chambers 1,250.00 1,250.00
1 Airline ticket reimbursement 316.60 316.60
Subtotal: $1,566.60
Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $1,566.60 USD

Note:Hello Kris,
Here's the invoice for the 1st half of the Pool Sanitizing System and the plane ticket.
As a reminder, this system will most likely not be able to eliminate existing algae in a pool/spa/pond.
Also, I do not recommend using copper in a Koi pond due to the potential risk associated with exposing the fish to unhealthy levels of copper.
Thank you!

Craig

A true Salesman Sell the product with false claims then try to slip in caveats after the fact.

And just for fun look at what his last business partners say about Craig;

Report: Craig
Category: Liars

Craig is guilty of libel,slander,harrassment,intimidation and attempted blackmail against us Kamuela Hawaii

Phone:
Fax:
Submitted: 2/9/2007 8:06:15 AM
Modified: 2/9/2007 1:46:00 PM
Anthea
newhaven, Other

craig ,has made false accusations against my company,my colleagues and myself.we are innocent.he is guilty of libel,slander,intimidation,harrassment and attempted blackmail against us.

Anthea
newhaven
United Kingdom

What a real winner Mr. C is. So he has his airfare money and 50% of the total amount due for a product "THAT DOES NOT WORK!" and when I told him that I no longer felt he was an honest business man and to keep his misbegotten money he goes on this website and slanders my name. Well that is ok, Now I will hire an attorney to notify this site and sue Mr. C for slander.

Kris Land

Oh, I almost forgot, the guy "Gary" who 1st put me intouch with Mr. C build a water PH injection system and it is quite good, well after Mr. C knew I had this installed he sent me an email asking for the Gary's detailed product information so that Mr. C could in fact copy Gary's product, see below;

Regulator Info
From: Craig
Add contact
Sent:Wed 8/29/07 10:56 AM
To: chris land (cland1@hotmail.com)

Hi Chris,When you get a chance, would you check to see if there is anything printed on Gary's regulator indicating who makes it?

I'm having a hard time finding CO2 regulators with flow rates in the single digits. Thanks! Craig

What a joke this guy is.