Complaint Review: Kristin Davis

• Submitted: Fri, December 03, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, December 03, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous, North Carolina — Polkton North Carolina United States of America
Kristin Davis
3683 Andrews Ave. Henderson, North Carolina United States of America

Kristen Davis Kristin Davis Craigslist Scammer! Scammed my family of $500 for an apple macbook that was suppose to be a Christmas gift for my 11 yr old daughter (which I told to this heartless ?) Insists on using moneygram reloa Henderson, North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: NEVER "wire" money to a stranger!! READ the Craigslist warnings!

*Consumer Comment: 1% is poor odds

BEWARE Kristin Davis (?) STOLE (scammed) $500 from me and my family. I was trying to purchase an apple macbook pro for my 11 yr old daughter for a Christmas gift. Very believable. Communicated thru text. Apparently, a very heartless person. She knew this was for my daughter and I guessed she thought she was more deserving than my child. She broke my daughter's heart and my pocketbook. Insists on using a greendot moneygram reload and then gives false tracking numbers. I personally work really hard for my money (unlike her) and I don't want to see anyone loose their hard earned money because of someone who is too lazy to get off her behind and earn it instead of stealing (yes, this is stealing) from others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2010 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kristin-Davis/Henderson-North-Carolina-27536/Kristen-Davis-Kristin-Davis-Craigslist-Scammer-Scammed-my-family-of-500-for-an-apple-mac-668063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kristin Davis

#1 Consumer Suggestion

NEVER "wire" money to a stranger!! READ the Craigslist warnings!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Sorry for your loss, but just plain old common sense here.

You NEVER "wire" money to ANYONE that you do not know personally, or have an existing business relationship with!

Craigslist has these warnings all over the site! Did you not read any of them?

WHY would you BLINDLY send $500 to a STRANGER? Craigslist is the home of the scammer.

Are you kidding me? This is just plain stupidity. I hope you learn from this lesson so it doesn't happen to you again, and be sure to educate your kids of these scammers as they grow up.

You will need to file a loice report for the theft and between them, Craigslist staff, and your phone company, you MIGHT be able to track this person down, and at very least get them prosecuted. MAYBE.

1% is poor odds

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

On the craigslist web site:

You can sidestep would-be scammers by following these common-sense rules:

• DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts on craigslist.
  • NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.

But hey, there was that 1% chance that you wouldn't get scammed.