Complaint Review: Kristina wrenn

• Updated: Thu, April 12, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — United States of America
Kristina wrenn
mockingbird ln Dallas, Texas United States of America

Kristina wrenn Twenty & seven llc doesn't pay employees and won't send w2 for taxes Dallas , Texas

*General Comment: DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Disgruntled Employee

First off she DID NOT pay for work performed.refused to pay and would not answer phone until I threatened to have a lawyer call and I filed a complaint with the BBB and Texas department of labor she finally payed less than half of what she owed me. Now I can't file my tax return cause she wont send me my w2. DO NOT WORK OR DO BUSINESS WITH HER!!!

She lives way beyond her means cause mommy and daddy still pick up the tab. My car got repossessed 8 months after I took a job working for her cause ALL of my paychecks were either 3-4 weeks late or they bounced. Beware of her and her half a** company. She also thinks its cute to not pay her suppliers for her stock and over charge her customers for less than quality work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 01:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kristina-wrenn/Dallas-Texas-/Kristina-wrenn-Twenty-seven-llc-doesnt-pay-employees-and-wont-send-w2-for-taxes-Dalla-843863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kristina wrenn

#1 General Comment

DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

AUTHOR: Loretta Flowers - (United States of America)

You have the AUDACITY to refer to my son, my husband, me, or anyone else with a complaint against you as
disgruntled??? Lets just see if what our family has gone through since meeting you would be considered disgruntled,
shall we?

FIRST: My son, Tim Jr., is NOT disgruntled. Much like his father and I, we are ANGRY at your fraudulent behavior that has cost all of us EVERYTHING and has cost you NOTHING! You seem to have no remorse, conscience, or adverse feelings regarding your own behavior and how your apparent lack of business acumen has affected the lives of others. You continue to live your life as if nothing has happened and seem to disregard our very existence.

SECOND: My husband, Tim Sr., IS MORE THAN QUALIFIED to do the job you hired him for and you know it. Thats why he was referred to you and why you hired him. How dare you tell him in a recent text message that he should admit to himself and his family that he was incapable of performing the job? YOU, on the other hand, took nearly four months to retrieve the presses from New Orleans that you hired Tim and Timmy to operate after Tim repeatedly requested
actual start-up information from you and was continuously put off by you for one reason or another. And all of this only after our relocation took place, not before. The presses did not arrive until the end of January 2011 after
Tims repeated attempts to put you in contact with someone who could retrieve and relocate your presses from New Orleans to Dallas. Additionally, YOU did not fulfill your obligations as his employer to begin start-up of your company by
setting up vendor relationships (your responsibility as owner) and obtaining the necessary supplies, or giving Tim the ability to order, that were needed for Tim and Timmy to perform work of any kind. Not only were you never available as an employer when Tim continuously advised you they wanted to start working, you spent most of your time taking the jobs you said you did have to Tulsa, Oklahoma for printing instead of beginning work at your business which is why we relocated to Dallas on your behalf in the first place. At least, thats what you said you were doing. Frankly, we didnt understand how that could be cost effective.

THIRD: Tim DID NOT harass you in the middle of the night with phone calls. The repeated text messages seem to be the only way to get you toeventually respond to your responsibilities since you incorrectly included Tims final paycheck in the gross amount on his 2011 W-2 which was as yet unpaid for an entire year when we discovered your error and attempted to inform you of said error. This final paycheck was FINALLY received by Tim on February 27, 2012. After waiting a full year for payment and requesting a bank cashiers check due to your previously reversed payroll checks which devastated
our finances, you sent a starter check that we had to wait 10 days for access to. We find we are now in need, at this late date, of a corrected W-2 for 2011 and will now need to be in contact with you again in order to receive a 2012
W-2 for monies paid and received in 2012. A situation we do not look forward to. We, too, would prefer to have no further contact with you. And yet, the nightmare that has ensued since we met you seems to continue daily.

Our encounter with Kristina Wrenn of Dallas, TX begins thus:

MAY 2010 Kristina Wrenn of Numbers Shop, LLC in Dallas, Texas contacts Tim Sr. via telephone at his then place of employment in Columbus, OH where he has worked for 15 years. An acquaintance in the industry has recommended him for her new start-up company and she would like to discuss an employment opportunity with him. He politely says, call me at home later. She does and they discuss her new engraved stationery company. She wants him, as a Master Engraver, to operate the presses initially in addition to assisting with hiring and training for this new company as the Production Manager. After many phone calls and discussions regarding this opportunity, she invites Tim and me to visit Dallas for us all to meet and for Tim to participate in an interview. She offers to reimburse our expenses. In light of the reputation of the individual who recommended Tim, we are not concerned at this point and plan our visit for July.

JUNE 2010
Ms. Wrenn makes a trip to New Orleans to view the printing presses she will be purchasing and sends Tim pictures of the presses via my personal email account. They communicate back and forth regarding any possible visual damages,
etc. that Tim might be able to see and he makes some minor recommendations. She seems satisfied and tells Tim she will be making the purchase.

We begin to plan our visit for Tuesday, July 13 (late arrival) through Saturday, July 17. Ms. Wrenn seems to be looking forward to our visit as much as we are and after several back and forth emails, she sends an itinerary that includes a possible meet and greet, dinner with her and her parents, Dr. and Mrs. Christopher Wrenn of Tyler, Texas, and Tims interview.  She plans to drop some visitor information off for us at our hotel that includes a loan of her personal copy of Mapsco for the area for us to use during our visit.

JULY 2010
We arrive in Dallas around 9:30pm on Tuesday, July 13, pick up our rental car, dine at a locals suggested restaurant, and are able to find our hotel with ease.

Wednesday morning, July 14, we begin explorations of the area. We make the trips into both downtown Dallas and Fort
Worth. Additionally, we make the drive past the location of the new business near Love Field Airport for Tim to assess feasibility. So far, we are impressed. Over the next few days we visit grocers, area malls, and other area stores, shopping centers, and restaurants. We visit area apartment communities and drive through different neighborhoods to get a feel for the area.

Ms. Wrenn contacts Tim that afternoon for us to meet her at Champs for a quick meet-and-greet to get acquainted and discuss this new business venture. Tim is impressed that, although a graphic designer, Ms. Wrenn seems to understand the printing business and the importance of a knowledgeable production staff. This is a specialized industry that requires years of training. This meeting goes well. We part amicably to continue our explorations of the Metroplex.

Thursday, July 15, our exploration continues.  Ms. Wrenn informs Tim that Mrs. Wrenn (her mother) will be unable to join us for dinner that evening as she must travel to San Antonio for a working conference for her employer. Dinner will now include Ms. Wrenn, Dr. Wrenn (her father), Tim, and me. We meet that evening at a newly opened restaurant near
downtown Dallas and enjoy tapas and beer samplers (Ms. Wrenn has advised Tim his favorite is not available in Texas and she hopes this will be a chance to find something new and comparable). The conversation is mostly about the new
business. Dr. Wrenn is curious about the craft and has many questions for Tim regarding the engraving process and its history. He also advises Tim on the many advantages to living in Dallas including, but not limited to, the lack of a state income tax. He also tells Tim about some of Texas history, etc.

Ms. Wrenn and I discuss the area, shopping, and briefly discuss some of my job skills and what kind of work I am looking for and she offers to assist me in my search for employment with suggestions regarding opportunities she becomes aware of. She also offers the services of her human resources person to assist me in my job search. This is most
unusual for me, but is very much appreciated.

Dinner goes well. Tim is impressed that Ms. Wrenn actually seems to understand the business and the craft involved. Dr. Wrenn has touted the advantages of relocation and is anxious to be involved in learning more about the process as he is participating in the venture capital aspects of the company.  Dr. Wrenn pays for dinner.  We are enjoying the area and are feeling good so far about the idea of relocating for this opportunity.

Friday, July 16, Tim and I meet Ms. Wrenn at the business location for his formal interview. It is Tims job interview and I
am nervous and unsure about my role as a participant. After a few minutes, he and Ms. Wrenn begin to discuss the particulars involved in the job, the business, and having the presses delivered from New Orleans, etc. I excuse
myself to allow Tim to focus on discussing his capabilities as a Master Engraver and Department Supervisor. He has nearly 30 years experience in the industry and has much to offer. This is a specialized field and his skills and length of experience are rare.

They talk for approximately an hour and then invite me back in for the remainder of the meeting. Ms. Wrenn walks us through the shop and tells Tim her plans for her anticipated layout of the currently empty facility when the presses, stock, and equipment begin to arrive. She is having difficulty finding a company to suit her needs and has not yet made the
arrangements to transport the presses. Tim provides her with the name and phone number of a gentleman who does exactly this for a living. He has his own semi-trailer and forklift and can pick up the presses from New Orleans, transport them to Dallas, and offload them onto the shop floor exactly as directed. She says she will contact him right away.

Ms. Wrenn states she does not have any other potential prospects for this job or any other employees at this time. Tim advises her that our son, Tim, Jr., might be interested in employment as well if she is interested. He has been unemployed for two years and will be moving here with us anyway if Tim accepts the position. She has no other employees lined up yet and tells Tim she would be willing to offer him employment as well. She would like him to learn the craft as a printers apprentice and then move into the shipping/receiving position (his five year area of experience) as the business progresses and will make him an offer as well. The interview goes well and Tim tells Ms. Wrenn he is interested in the position and will await her offer.

Saturday, July 17 we return to Columbus, Ohio feeling good about the trip overall. We wait to hear from Ms. Wrenn regarding her employment offer. In the interim, I submit expenses for reimbursement to Ms. Wrenn consisting of round-trip airfare for two, one day toward our car rental, and one night of our hotel stay. The total submitted is $832.82. (The
reimbursement check is finally received approximately August 7.) We incur the remaining expense for our whirlwind tour of Dallas.

Initial offers of employment are emailed to Tim, Sr. and Tim, Jr. on July 22, 2010. Tim has concerns regarding a non-compete clause due to the nature of this specialized business that would prevent him from working in the industry should they part ways in the future. He is also very uncomfortable about an additional at-will clause given the relevance of such a long-distance relocation. After some negotiations, Ms. Wrenn removes the non-competition clause and agrees to add another $.50 per hour to the offer for Tim, Jr. pending a probationary period that might give cause for additional monies to be added at that time. Tim is advised that Texas is an employment at-will state. We are not pleased with this, but appear to have no choice but to accept it.

AUGUST 2010
Finalized offer letters are received by Tim and Timmy on August 6, 2010. After much family discussion, Tim makes the decision to accept Ms. Wrenns employment offer as does Timmy. They sign the offer letters and return them via USPS. We prepare for a new move and a new opportunity. Timmy is looking forward to having a job again as he has exhausted all available unemployment benefits at this time. Ms. Wrenn suggests a start date of mid-September 2010.

Tim and I turn in letters of resignation to our employers with a final work date of August 27 for Tim and August 23 for me.
Both employers appreciate the length of notice. I am giving up my job as an A/R Clerk in Columbus, Ohio, a position I have held since March 2003. I am anxious and afraid. Its a rough economy and jobs are difficult to find, but we are
hopeful due to the alleged availability of jobs in the Dallas area as mentioned by Ms. Wrenn.

We begin the psychological process of moving nearly 1,200 miles away from our daughter and her fiance and begin the process of packing up 29 years of our lives for the move to Texas. We put many hours into the search for a temporary place to call home. We are very excited and hopeful about the possibility of buying our own home in two or three years and settling down to work toward retirement in Texas.

Tim and I make a second trip to Dallas at our expense to view the apartment communities at the top of our list. We settle on a location in Euless, TX. The rental amount and the floor plan suits our needs perfectly. Euless is centrally located between the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.  It is convenient for travel to Numbers Shop near Love Field and offers the
opportunity for job prospects in either city for me in addition to more shopping and dining options.

August 23rd is my final day of employment. There is cake and a few tears after seven and a half years. My manager says Ive done all I can do and allows me to leave around 2:00pm. I take a deep breath and wave a final good-bye to my co-workers.

August 25th is Tims last day of employment. He has already talked with the president of the company. All of his duties have been delegated and there is nothing more for him to do. He is excused early and they thank him again for giving notice so far in advance. His employees have cake and parting gifts for him and wish him good luck as he waves his final good-bye after 15 years.

SEPTEMBER
2010 On September 1, 2010 we depart Ohio for Texas with two rental trucks full of belongings, an unhappy cat in a cage, and two of our three vehicles. Timmys friend offers to make the trip with us at the last minute and will drive Tims vehicle to Texas. I will have to leave my car behind with a friend and will return for it at a later time. We hadnt counted on the need for two trucks.

Our convoy beginsalbeit slower than anticipated and we arrive in Euless, Texas on Friday, September 3. We sign the lease, collect the keys, and with the help of Tony and friend from U-Haul Moving Services, our 26ft. truck is empty within two hours. We dismiss Tony and unload truck number two ourselves. The organized chaos allows us to relax and explore a bit as we take our son and his friend to dinner. He will stay a few days and visit. He has never been outside the state of Ohio.

Tim and Ms. Wrenn are in communication and she decides on a start date for employment of September 20. We arrived early in order to procure drivers licenses and plates, learn the route to work, and learn our way around before they began working. We spend some time unpacking and getting familiar with our new surroundings. Our friend will be leaving soon and he has never been outside of Ohio and never on an airplane. This is a big deal for him and a huge move for us. Therefore, before beginning their new jobs,  Tim and Timmy decide to accompany our friend on his flight back to Ohio. While there, they will pick up my car and will briefly visit Tims mother in Pittsburgh, PA and our daughter back in Ohio
before beginning the drive back to Texas. I am busy unpacking and making a home out of the chaos from 29 years worth of stuff.

September 20th Tim and Timmy go into the office for their first day on the job and orientation. They are excited and looking forward to getting to work. They fill out the obligatory paperwork with Ms. Wrenn and her Human Resources Consultant Michael Lane of the firm KLPHR Consulting. They again discuss the issue of getting the presses picked up from New Orleans and brought to Dallas, which apparently had not yet been completed. Although she requested a September 20th start date, since she is not yet ready to start production, Ms. Wrenn agrees to pay Tim and Timmy in the interim while they await the arrival of the presses. They are anxious to start working, but agree. We have come a long way for this opportunity to be put in this particular position. We are concerned, but have no other options.

AND SO OUR NIGHTMARE HAS BEGUN

To the best of our knowledge, we do not believe the business is as yet operational to this day.

SEPTEMBER 2010 THRU MARCH 2011
Since September, Tim was continuously attempting to persuade Ms. Wrenn to get the business started as he and Timmy were both appreciative, but uncomfortable with being paid and not having any work to do. A fact he stated to her on more than one occasion. Every paycheck was one week or more late in payment. Additionally, Tim and Timmy had several paychecks reversed after direct deposit due to insufficient funds. The first of which was right in the middle of a holiday visit by our daughter and after we had just made a rental payment for January 2012. We were forced to use retirement savings to cover then cost of waiting for positive funds to be available for deposit which, once posted, forced us to wait up to five business days or more to be sure funds were available and monies were not reversed again. All this occurred in
addition to increasing our credit liability while I searched for employment.

In a downward economy, Tim and I left perfectly good long-term secure jobs with medical benefits and retirement savings for this opportunity. We later found out that because I willingly left my job in Ohio to move to Texas with my husband, I was declared ineligible for unemployment by the state of Ohio. Therefore, we were forced to live on one income in the middle of a financial crisis due to circumstances beyond our control. The stress involved has had a detrimental effect on my ability to find work. This fraudulent behavior did not just affect Tim and Timmy as her employees, but affected my finances as well as that of our family by extension.

After believing Ms. Wrenns daily stories and giving her the benefit of the doubt regarding start-up of this business for six months, Tim and Timmy were forced to leave her employ to find actual work with a real company. We are now financially devastated as we were forced to relocate long-distance, yet again, so Tim could, in fact, actually have a job to go to every day and a paycheck that doesnt bounce. Since our savings were gone and I was ineligible for unemployment, Tim and I were financially unable to assist Timmy with car payments until he found employment thus eventually resulting in his car being repossessed.

JANUARY 2012 I advised Mr. Lane at KLPHR via email and Tim called Payroll Success (Numbers Shop payroll disbursement vendor) at Mr. Lanes suggestion to advise them of our current address in early January 2012 for disbursement of W-2 tax forms for Tim and Timmy. Tim contacted Ms. Wrenn via text message on February 6, 2012
regarding not yet receiving W-2s for himself and Timmy.  We finally received W-2 forms on February 13, 2012. Tim Sr.s is incorrect and is showing that she has paid him in full. She has NOT done so to date and he is still owed his final three weeks of pay for February 21, 2011 through March 11, 2011. She paid Timmy in full after his many contacts with the Texas Labor Relations Board as well as an attorney. Tim did not pursue that option as he was advised that doing so would negate his ability for further action should it become necessary. Since she has submitted a W-2 stating full compensation was paid to Tim, he has requested she pay him via a certified bank check ONLY for his final three weeks pay to be delivered via UPS overnight or as soon as possible.  She claims to be researching the issue and says she will send him a company check via certified regular mail. This is unacceptable as her company checks have the tendency to bounce consequently affecting our available funds. She knows this is why he requested a certified bank check. We are currently still awaiting this payment.

PAYROLL STATUS UPDATE:
A company check (presumably, as it has no pre-printed name or address and appears to be a starter check) was received on Monday, February 27, 2012. The check was deposited into our account. However, we were untrusting of the validity of the check. Therefore, we were unable to access these funds for up to 10 business days due to prior checks being returned for insufficient available funds.

In shortWe are angry. Ms. Wrenn has lied to us about starting her business. She has fraudulently misrepresented her company and her actions. Our next step is likely bankruptcy while she has gotten away with this and it is intolerable. It is unlikely her father, one of her alleged business financiers involved in convincing us to relocate, knows the truth about what happened despite the letter I sent to him personally. We are certain she has lied to him as well.

Mr. Lane of KPLHR Consulting alleges that he too discontinued services to her due to lack of payment. We were informed that services to her were also terminated by Payroll Success due to lack of payment and insufficient funding.  We only accidentally learned of their actions as we had been continually contacting them with questions and concerns regarding payroll issues and W-2s.  They felt it necessary to advise us they were no longer involved with Ms. Wrenn and her business thereby making us aware we should no longer be contacting them for answers. Additionally, as seen here, other vendors appear to be having similar issues.

As for her vendorsthey need only discontinue service to her. They have other customers and means of income. We gave up six months of our lives and everything we had saved for our future. After eighteen months, I am still unemployed due to unforeseen reasons that likely include the
detriment to my previously excellent credit rating that is now likely in
poor condition. It is also likely because I was apparently not eligible for
unemployment compensation because I willfully left my job in Ohio to relocate
with my husband to another state. Therefore, my creditors have suffered as well
by my inability to pay them.

We had to scramble to get to Missouri for Tim to find viable employment here as these specialized jobs are rare. After being unable to find employment in Texas or Ohio, Timmy has joined us here in Missouri to look for work and have a place to live.

Our involvement with Ms. Wrenn has been one fiasco after another with no apparent end in sight. We have borrowed all we can from family and friends.  It has been one catch-22 after another. We are in serious financial peril due to this fraudulent activity with no apparent means of acquiring restitution.

In conclusion Ms. Wrenn cannot be allowed to get away with her continued fraudulent behavior. She seems to have no regard for the lives she has affected and not a bit of remorse or acknowledgement to speak of to this day. This attitude is why my personal approach on behalf of my husband and son, as well as myself, was not necessarily as kind as it could have been. Did I send mean emails and letters stating much of what is stated here? You bet I did! After months and months of tolerating her behavior to our own detriment, my kindness had waned beyond repair. This situation cannot possibly be legal under the eyes of the law and the fact she has, so far, gotten away with this behavior continues to be a major source of consternation.

How about THAT for disgruntled?!

Loretta Flowers
Wife of a former Employee - Tim Flowers, Sr.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Disgruntled Employee

AUTHOR: NUMBERS shop, llc - (United States of America)

Employee Timothy J. Flowers, Jr. did not work for twentyandseven, llc.  He worked for manufacturing company, NUMBERS shop, llc.  Which was/is listed on all Employee paperwork, hiring letters and W2s for 2011 and 2012.

He was paid 6 months pay (25 weeks), over 13 bi-weekly pay periods, in full in the amount of $9,500.00 less deductions.  He was hired to work 40 hours a week at the rate of $9.50/hour. He worked a total of 16.5 days in person over the course of 6 months of employment, and took unearned vacation for which he was also paid.

We understand he quit 3/11/11 to take a job paying nearly twice his hourly rate at NUMBERS shop with our blessing.  Any loss of his automobile was after he left us for other employment.

There was no finding by the Department of Labor or the BBB.

He was an apprentice/trainee who reported to a department manager, not the company owner, and cannot speak to our business or product as he had not completed training and had no knowledge of our business practices, pricing or the quality of the product we deliver.

2011 W2s were mailed as required 1/31/12 certified return receipt, signed for by Loretta Flowers on 2/13/12 - almost 2 weeks before this post - and sent to the forwarding address provided by the Flowers.

This post was made along with 12 harassing phone calls made back to back to the company owner's personal cell phone from 1:52 am to 2:30 am 2/24/12.  This is the 3rd time this disgruntled employee has called in the same manner more than one of those times leaving multiple expletive-name calling messages for which a police report was filed.

This post and any additional posts from this employee should be considered in light of the above facts.