Complaint Review: Kroger

• Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: Dirk — Cartersville Georgia
Kroger
1014 Vine Street Cincinatti, Ohio USA

Kroger Fuel Discount Never Goes Beyond 3 Cents per Gallon Using 1-2-3 Rewards Prepaid Debit Card Cincinatti Ohio

Some time ago, I got a Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Card which is a pre-paid Visa debit card.  This was in response to Kroger's advertising of a ten cent per gallon discount on fuel upon earning one hundred points in a month.

About a month or so ago, I notice an offer on my Kroger sales receipt that gave fifty fuel points for completing a survey.  Fuel points could only be awarded once every seven days.  So, in two separate weeks, I completed two surveys rating my experience at the local Kroger store.

After waiting a couple of weeks, I logged onto the 1-2-3 Rewards Card website and noticed that no fuel points had been added.  Furthermore, when I purchased fuel at Kroger's after this, I only received the standard three cent per gallon discount.  When I asked the attendant about it, he said this was the only discount that came up.  He also stated this had happened to many people.

I called the customer service number for the 1-2-3 Rewards program.  When they pulled up my account, there was no indication that I had completed any of the surveys, and of course, no fuel points added.  The customer service representative told me she was adding one hundred points as a one time courtesy.  This was earlier this month, so the points were not expired.

I went to Kroger's to purchase fuel, and did not receive a ten cent per gallon discount, but only the standard three cent per gallon discount.  Once again I asked the attendant about it and explained the customer service representative had added one hundred points this month.  Once again, the fuel points were not showing.

After I have used up the remaining funds on this card, I am planning to close it out.  There is a three dollar loading fee to add funds. I have been adding funds only once per month , so if the ten cent per gallon discount were a reality it would still be cost effective.

I am going to return to using my Kroger shopping card for my discounts in the future, and save the three dollars per month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 09:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kroger/Cincinatti-Ohio-45202/Kroger-Fuel-Discount-Never-Goes-Beyond-3-Cents-per-Gallon-Using-1-2-3-Rewards-Prepaid-Deb-1109558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kroger