Complaint Review: Kroger

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 23, 2008

• Reported By:Katy Texas
Kroger
569 South Mason Road,Katy Texas 77450 Nationwide U.S.A.

Kroger False Positive Drug Test Katy Texas

*UPDATE Employee: How weird

*Consumer Comment: There has got to be more to this story.

*Consumer Suggestion: Drug Tests

As a former employee of Kroger,I had taken a few years off to care for my children, one has autism and the other had renal failure. When I felt it safe to return to work, I met with the Customer Service Manager and she explained I would have to go through training, which I did. I also took the oral swab test and indicated on the form which medications I took regularly. Well I worked a couple of weeks and when I came in to pick up my schedule on a Friday. I asked why there was none posted. I was then taken upstairs and told that my test had been sent back "FAILED". I was then instructed to call the lab that conducted the test, which I did. They told me if in fact I felt it was an error to go back to the store and have another sample taken, which I did. Mind you the first test was done on May 25th, the second on June the 6th. I keep in contact with the recruiting manager at the store about this and at first she said she could put me back on the schedule if my 2nd test came out alright. I called the lab again and they told me to call Kroger, I keep getting the run around.

Now the recruiting manager tells me that even if my 2nd test is a PASS, its up to the store manager to put me back on the schedule or not. I am sickened by this as I am the mother of 7 and grandmother of close to 3. I am 47 years of age. I have had friends of mine go into the store and be told I quit. Family members have been told I was terminated for failing a drug test. I also have e mails from the recruiting manager telling me that all this information is confidential, but if it were the rumors would not be spreading. This has damaged me, mentally and emotionally to the point I can't even shop there, which by the way was a daily thing for me to do. I also had offered the recruiting manager my detailed hospital report for May 12th, as I had just gotten the itemized statement which she refused to see, even though the lab told me to take it into her. My point is, if I were a drug user, I would have never taken the test in the first place, or attempted to clear my name on the 2nd. If you have any advice out there let me know the lab in question is QUEST LAB/AKA LabCorp.

Additionally I did go to my own doctor on June 6th for my own peace of mine and given a complete clean report, which they again refuse to acknowledge. Whats bad about this is that many companies use the same lab and go by your social security number and can legally tell any potential employer you had a "FAIL" before.

Teriben
Katy, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kroger/nationwide/Kroger-False-Positive-Drug-Test-Katy-Texas-341453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kroger

How weird

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

When I was hired over a year ago, I took the same oral swab test you did. My results were back the next day. Maybe our states use different means of taking the tests to the lab. Ours are taken by DHL. They are Quest also. And in my area you can't start the training course until your drug test comes back ok. We are still doing the same practices now. I am sorry I have no advice on how to correct this as I have never failed one before. Good luck hun!

There has got to be more to this story.

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

An oral swab test is rarely used to detect ilicit drug use. Urine, blood, or hair strand testing is more common and more reliable. Additionally, Labcorp is a very reputable company and handles the majority of drug testing for companies nationwide. If you are so intent on proving your innocence, go to your personal physician and have another drug test done at your own expense. If it still comes back positive then you know that it is not Kroger's mistake.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Drug Tests

AUTHOR: Jake - (U.S.A.)

That lab company is pretty reputable, but I'd say they were probably picking up a false positive from some medication you were taking. Personally, when I had to take one from them, they sent me back there about four or five times because they said my urine was to dilute.