Complaint Review: Kron Studios - Ron Flemming

• Submitted: Thu, May 13, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 08, 2011

• Reported By:Westminster Colorado
Kron Studios - Ron Flemming
P.O. Box 1897 Kingston, Washington U.S.A.

Kron Studios - Ron Flemming Compilation Album Ripoff "Word On The Streets" I believe that this company feeds on the hopes and dreams of aspiring hip hop artist and is profiting from this. Kingston Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Independent vrs Major

*Consumer Comment: Watch For These Scams ..I've been an artist and producer in the music industry for over 10 years.

You might have seen an ad on the internet asking for Hip Hop artists to submit their music for an upcoming compilation album called "Word On The Streets" through Kron Studios.

Before I submitted my music to them I did some research on the internet to see if I could find any info on them. I came across a message board where Ron of Kron Studios was trying to solict business. Majority of the members on the board were questioning the legitimacy of this service and they were asking many questions. Ron replied to them by saying their music sucked and wouldn't be considered for the compilation anyway. He said if anyone was really serious they should e-mail him for details.

So I e-mailed him and directed him to my website where my music was posted. He wrote me back saying that one of my songs would fit in perfectly with the compilation but there was a little matter of $200.00. I wrote him back asking what exactly will I be getting for my $200.00 and also asked if he had any references I could contact.

The response was, quote "after careful consideration they have decided not to accept my submission due to my lack of confidence in their company." They wanted my money up until the point that I asked them what do I get for it. I believe that this company feeds on the hopes and dreams of aspiring hip hop artist and is profiting from this. Now I can't prove this as they would not do business with me, but you can read the facts above and come to your own conclusion.

Tim
Westminster, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2004 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kron-Studios-Ron-Flemming/Kingston-Washington-98346/Kron-Studios-Ron-Flemming-Compilation-Album-Ripoff-Word-On-The-Streets-I-believe-that-91348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kron Studios - Ron Flemming

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Independent vrs Major

AUTHOR: kron - (United States of America)

This is how independent or smaller record companies recieve funding to release and album. The idea is to incorporate the networks of all participating artist so marketing will become a bigger buzz. There is a small fee but now days you have to pay for a&R just to listen to your record. We no longer use this aproach since cds are almost obsolete, But for any marketing campaign there is always a price.

AUTHOR: Mazz - (U.S.A.)

I've been an artist and producer in the music industry for over 10 years. I've seen these things happen often during that time frame. What an up-and-coming artist should realize is that all solicitations for material to put on a "compilation" CD are not real. One key thing to remember is that if anyone asks you to pay money to get your material on a compilation, run the other way. You don't see Universal, Sony, Arista, or any of the major record labels taking out ads as such to get you on a compilation do you? They aren't charging you for the privilege of being on an album (maybe not as they eye can see until royalty payment time).

These guys who do that prey on the inexperience of artists in the realm of music business practices and they know that if they can get 15 to 20 "starving artists" to pay anywhere from $200 in this case to in excess of $5,000 per person that they have it made. And they will take your money and you never hear from them again. Before anyone does anything in the music industry they need to consult with a competent manager or attorney who can navigate them through the minefields that await them.

If there are any questions, please post your questions below, and I will be glad to help you.

responses