Complaint Review: Kwik Kar Lube N Tune

• Updated: Mon, September 13, 2010

• Reported By: Laurie — Houston Texas United States of America
Kwik Kar Lube N Tune
3404 S. Shepard Houston, Texas United States of America

Kwik Kar Lube N Tune Auto saftey and emissions testing gets me a broken door handle. Houston, Texas

I'm a new resident to Texas. So I had to go get the car saftey and emissions testing done. I took my car to Kwik Kar. My car was just fine. I was seated in the waiting area for awhile then another couple came in for the same testing and came and went. Naturally I was at that point rather curious what was taking so long with my car so I asked the person with me to take a look. We noticed the guy doing my testing for some reason had my car door apart working on it. hmmmm.... not sure why or what the saftey test in Texas involves. So a little while later he comes in says the car passed and takes our payment for the test.

He drives the car around front, I can't get in....my car door handle is loose and it won't open. I had to have the person with me open it from the passenger side. We told the guy about the problem he caused with the door handle and he was rather unresponsive. We left and called asking to speak with a manager, we were told the general manager would be giving us a call. [continued below]....
..... He did the next day, only to say they would not cover the cost to repair the damages their employee caused. I now have to either have someone with me open my door from the inside or I have to enter from the passenger side and climb over. I believe this company should cover the cost of repairing my door handle. Nice how a saftey test can make your car not so safe! Some welcome to Texas!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2010 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kwik-Kar-Lube-N-Tune/Houston-Texas-77098/Kwik-Kar-Lube-N-Tune-Auto-saftey-and-emissions-testing-gets-me-a-broken-door-handle-Hous-640189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kwik Kar Lube N Tune