Complaint Review: Kwik Kar Lube and Tune

*Author of original report: Stupid

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 2nd Owner Rebuttal

*Author of original report: Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal from Owner

Told by their mechanic Ray I needed new front wheel bearings esp on the drivers side. They were going to charge me 814.27 for both sides. The problem with my truck is in the back-end not the front. The part at one of the reputable stores was less than half what I was quoted. Had it installed by a mechanic and truck still made the same noise as before. Labor was quoted at 80.00 / hr. times 1.2 for price/time. I will never use  this place for anything again. Saw a handicapped person and decided to take full advantage of me.  It costs me 100.00 and 139.00 for there screw up. And I still have the same problem. Hope I can save other people from spending there hard earned cash.

John
Saginaw, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kwik-Kar-Lube-and-Tune/Fort-Worth-Texas-76179/Kwik-Kar-Lube-and-Tune-Deceptive-Practices-Fort-Worth-Texas-749217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kwik Kar Lube and Tune

Stupid

AUTHOR: john - ()

I told you that your people don't know what they are talking about but you keep insisting that I had no work done so I have no complaints....I chose not to go with your "expert" because the price to fix the so called problem was outragious and the rearend did lock up as I had to have my truck towed. Kwik Lube misdiagnosed the problem in the first place and when it turned out to be the rearend that was the final straw.I will not answer to anymore rebuttals as I am sure just to get more grief from you and taking up for your business. Can't admit to being in the wrong so it will do no good to keep complaining but this should serve as a warning to all your unsuspectimg customers that your prices are way to high and you are very dishonest. Also like to stick it to disabled and helpless people....LIKE I SAID I WILL NEVER USE YOU AGAIN FOR ANY VEHICLE THAT I OWN.....

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

2nd Owner Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

Just because the rear end later locked up doesn't prove that the front bearings didn't need replacing.  The only thing it proves is that you had a problem in the rear end, not that you didn't also have a problem in the front end.

The fact remains that we didn't do any work on your vehicle and you have nothing to complain about.

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: john - ()

The rear end locked up thats how I know that it was rearend not the front hubs as Kwik Lube said. I am sure your mechanic doesn't remember it either because the bottom line is he didn't know what he was talking about. But if you want to sell garbage that is your business I am just reporting what happened to me....

jg_gilliam@yahoo.com

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal from Owner

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

Hi, I'm the owner of the Kwik Kar Lube & Tune on Boat Club Road.  My wife and I are proud to run an honest shop and we and our crew strive to provide excellent customer service to our community every day.  We have several highly competent ASE-certified mechanics, including Ray, who perform with integrity every day.

I just now read John's report (two years after he posted it), and I'd like to point out a few things.

I talked to Ray and he doesn't remember this particular situation, but if you read John's report carefully, it is apparent that he got a free diagnosis from us, then went and bought cut rate parts somewhere else and had another mechanic (not ours) install the parts.  Then he blamed us when it didn't solve his problem.

John doesn't mention how he knows that the problem is in the back end and not the front.

First of all, if he would have had us repair his vehicle, I'm confident that we would have fixed it right the first time; but, in the unlikely event that we didn't, John would have benefited from our 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.  We wouldn't have rested until he was satisfied.

John says that he'll never use us again, but I see no evidence that he ever used us in the first place.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC