Complaint Review: Kwik Kar Oil & Lube

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 14, 2010

• Reported By:arlington Texas
Kwik Kar Oil & Lube
1412 South Highway 121 Lewisville, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 972-436-0877
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Kwik Kar Oil & Lube ripoff Lewisville Texas

*Consumer Comment: This complaint is OLD ! Great news here...

*General Comment: Bad Apples ~ Kwik Kars are each individually owned & operated.

I took my 2002 Mitisubishi Galant to Kwik Kar in Lewisville, Tx. I just purchased this car and it had 14000 miles on it. i went in for an oil change only.

I was told that i needed new air filters, even though they didn't look dirty to me. Then i was told that my oil was really dirty and that i needed an engine flush. the gut said it cost $79.

I thought that was a lot of money. i had a 1998 plymouth breeze before this car with over 100,000 miles and i never needed an engine flush. He did not explain to me that this cost was seperate from the oil chage its self.

i went in for a $26 oil change and ended up spending $127. I was hurt and felt taken advantage of. I talked to my dad and he said i had been ripped off. No way did my car need an engine flush.

What really threw me for a loop was that i called one of my friends who use to work for Kwik Kar and explained my situation and he said i was totally ripped off. The guy was just trying to boost his ticket sale and took advantage of me since i was the only customer at the time. I am pissed and will never go to another Kwik Kar in my life and I am telling everyone I know not to either.

Sandy
arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2003 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kwik-Kar-Oil-Lube/Lewisville-Texas-75067/Kwik-Kar-Oil-Lube-ripoff-Lewisville-Texas-69062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kwik Kar Oil & Lube

This complaint is OLD ! Great news here...

AUTHOR: Mike Complete - (USA)

Steven and the guys up there now are the BEST ! no B.S.- I will always use them. Firestone is right across the street-compare, see for your self. Tell'em Mike D. sent ya !

#2 General Comment

Bad Apples ~ Kwik Kars are each individually owned & operated.

AUTHOR: edadrian - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear that you were ripped off, it happens frequently, however you cannot let one bad apple reflect the whole bunch. Kwik Kars are individually owned and operated, they are a franchise that can be bought just like McDonald's. I happen to know that this particular Kwik Kar was sold in April of 2009 and that the current management team is VERY tight, and does not allow employees to 'pad' their ticket sales with unnecessary services.

My husband runs a Kwik Kar in another city, and I can assure you that on occasion these services are required, but not when the car has so few miles on it, they are usually reserved for cars with over 90,000 miles. The person telling you that you need the work done should show you examples such as bring you a sample of the oil, or the transmission fluid, or whatever they are telling you that you need flushed. Don't just take their word, get a second opinion if you need to, a good mechanic will check the fluids for you for free.