Complaint Review: Kwik Kar

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2008

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Kwik Kar
1061 South Walnut AVenue New Braunfels, Texas U.S.A.

Kwik Kar Lube N Tune Broken Throttle Position Switch New Braunfels Texas

I was in New Braunfels on January 19, 2008 visiting a friend in the hospital and decided to take my 1997 Mazda Miata in for a routine oil change. I had just purchased the car at a dealership in Austin and the car is immaculate. It's 11 years old and has only 36,195 original miles.

It took an unusual amount of time to get the oil changed because the technicians couldn't find my oil filter. They were going to charge me an additional $40.00 labor charge for filter removal. They finally found it and changed it and only charged me an additional $10.00 labor.

A week later my check engine light came on and my car began running roughly and not changing gears. I took it back to the dealer this morning and I witnessed them opening the hood and they pointed out where my throttle position switch has been snapped. The dealership said that could have only been done by someone putting their weight on it to break it. My dealership said whoever was the last to work under my hood had to know that they had broken the throttle switch. It's just taken a couple of weeks to wiggle itself loose.

I called the owner, Keith Williams, to notify him of what happened. He replied there's no way I can prove they did it but he would be happy to look at it if I drove back to New Braunfels. My $42.72 oil change is going to cost me $622.54 to fix KEITH'S screw up. I'm also reporting this location to BBB.

Pi**ed'in'Austin
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2008 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kwik-Kar/New-Braunfels-Texas-78130/Kwik-Kar-Lube-N-Tune-Broken-Throttle-Position-Switch-New-Braunfels-Texas-305958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kwik Kar