Complaint Review: Kyocera/ Metro PCS

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 15, 2008

• Reported By:Ft Worth Texas
Kyocera/ Metro PCS
10300 Campus Point Drive San Diego, California U.S.A.

Kyocera/ Metro PCS Defective phones - No warranty honored - Forced to BUY NEW - CONTINUOUS PROBLEMS San Diego/ Ft Worth California/ Texas

I have fought with Metro PCS over their phones for a year now. This round, I paid the big bucks and bought the Kyocera K312P. Within a week, there was an internal problem and the phone screen exploded. What I hear from Metro is 'you broke it, you have to buy a new one through our insurance". Whatever. I do it.

Within 40 days of the new one being turned on, it glitches out and the screen flashes and goes black. Like it goes to permanent sleep mode. Metro PCS has no idea what this means. All they can say is 'not our problem, it's a replacement (which I paid another $50 for with the insurance!) and we can not honor the MFG warranty. Are you kidding me!? It's not even damaged! It simply stopped working...and that's my responsibility?
I call Kyocera and they tell me 'it's a replacement so there is no warranty'.

It's brand new out of the box! And regardless of it's replacement status, it's still paid for! Now, I have 2 phones that dont work, which I have paid more than $200 for, and you want me to BUY another one!??

This is BS! This my friends, is how these guys make their money. It's not their phone service that gets it for them, its the continuous sale of inferior, refurbished, fake boxed as new phones!

I am wondering if Kyocera has some kind of interior agreement with Metro that says 'sell them a phone and call it whatever you like, then we'll figure out how to make it die in a few days and you can make us both some good bucks by selling them a new one'.

I for one, am taking this dodger to COURT!

Scammed in Tarrant County
Ft Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kyocera-Metro-PCS/San-Diego-California-92121/Kyocera-Metro-PCS-Defective-phones-No-warranty-honored-Forced-to-BUY-NEW-CONTINUOUS-381419. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kyocera/ Metro PCS