Complaint Review: Kyocera Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, September 09, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2004

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Kyocera Wireless
P.O. Box 134 Niagra Falls, New York U.S.A.

Kyocera Wireless Rebate Fraud, Rip-Off Niagra Falls New York

*Author of original report: Kyocera Comes Through!

I purchased a Kyocera Slider wireless phone, model se44, back in May. Mailed certificate for $100 dollar rebare 3rd week of May. According to a supervisor, Sergio, in their Phoenix office, it did not enter processing until July 28th. That means it sat on someone's desk for an entire 2 months without anyone attending to my rebate.

I spoke to Sergio, and a superior to him on Tuesday. I was informed they would expedite my rebate. They repeatedly stated it requires 6 to 8 weeks to process a rebate. I countered that I have waited twice that length of time and still have not received my rebate. They said that they calculate time from when the rebate enters processing. My view is that the customer ought to be first priority, rather than lame excuses given to gloss over extreme customer abuse and failing to abide by the terms of their own rebate certificate.

I informed them that I wanted my rebate processed immediately, and sent to my attention by overnight mail. This should be easy enough. The American invasion of Grenada didn't take anywhere near this long!!!

As of this hour, nothing has been done, my rebate languishes in processing, no indication that it has been completed and sent to me as demanded.

My opinion is that these people are actively engaged in consumer fraud, hoping that most who send rebate certificates back will never demand their fulfillment. Those who give up and go away simply benefit these people, who have not demonstrated to my satisfaction, any desire to accomodate customer expectations.

As a result, Kyocera has lost a long time customer who has purchased many products from them in the past.

I will never, ever, do so again!
They ripped me off!

Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2004 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Kyocera-Wireless/Niagra-Falls-New-York-14302/Kyocera-Wireless-Rebate-Fraud-Rip-Off-Niagra-Falls-New-York-107740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Kyocera Wireless

Kyocera Comes Through!

AUTHOR: Melvin - (U.S.A.)

I filed a Rip Off report last week regarding a rebate from Kyocera Wireless that I sent in back in May. The rebate center itself continues to be unresponsive and unwilling to provide adequate satisfaction. However....

Just off the phone with Sue, a customer service manager with Kyocera corporation. I called the corporate office, thus bypassing the imbecils at the rebate center who have been unwilling to take decisive steps to remedy a bad situation. Sue, unlike the folks at the rebate center, took my issue seriously and stated she would send a claim through their accounting office to have a check sent to me immediately. As of this hour, it should be processed on Thursday and mailed out immediately. I will keep you posted as this develops.

Meanwhile, the rebate center continues to be as useless as a flood at the Alka Seltzer factory!

Sue, on the other hand, has restored my faith in Kyocera. If I ever buy another Kyocera phone, it will be due to the consideration and care demonstrated by Sue. She took my concerns to heart and is helping resolve this issue.

I will post when I receive an actual check and my gripe is resolved.