• Report: #1042004

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: ArthurC9 — Ashburn Virginia
LA Boxing
43150 Broadlands Center Plaza #168 Ashburn, Virginia United States of America

LA Boxing L.A. Boxing Dishonest representation of year contract, with AUTO Renew at end. Very Shady business practices Ashburn, Virginia

One year ago (early spring 2012) I verbally asked the general manager if I can just buy a one year membership, explicitly stated that I don't want a multiple year or auto renewing contract and he assured me that isn't the case.

An LA Boxing sales associate called me one month before my year membership ended to ask if I would like to renew, I declined and ordered to have it cancelled upon expiry to verify that the I wouldn't be charged anymore.

Now after having not set foot in the gym to use class/equipment since Christmas, I have the franchise owner emailing me about late fees that could apply to my delinquency. She states that my membership auto renewed and I should've submitted a written statement to cancel my membership.

All around verbal misrepresentation become apparent when I explain my situation to her and she refuses to acknowledge that I
1) was assured by the GM
2) instructed the sales associate to cancel

Why would a sales associate call to ask if I'd like to renew if it's already fraudulently set to auto renew? Because the owner deliberately institutes deception into their franchise operations-- an employee has already come forward and shared about other shady practices deemed necessary to compete with the sales figures of neighboring LA Boxing gyms.

My one year membership cost $500 paid in full up front on 4/5/2012 based on my conversation with the GM. I need to fight the monthly charge which is past due according to the auto renew. What's even more despicable is the lack of acknowledgement from the business manager who's been contacting me, she hasn't recognized any of her employees actions and refers back to the agreement which proves she knew of this in advance.

Another shady tactic being employed is the fact that I can't actually "cancel" my account until I pay the $54 of fraudulent fees for the new month. I am thoroughly disgusted with this franchise's attitude and nonexistent customer service.

I would like to seek any help regarding this issue, Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Boxing/Ashburn-Virginia-20148/LA-Boxing-LA-Boxing-Dishonest-representation-of-year-contract-with-AUTO-Renew-at-end-V-1042004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Boxing