Complaint Review: LA Cars Repo Inc

• Reported By: Joan — California United States of America
LA Cars Repo Inc
7825 Sepulveda Blvd Internet United States of America

LA Cars Repo Inc Odometer Fraud!!! Internet

I was looking for a used car online on Craigslist and Autotrader and every time I put in a search for my preference LA Cars Repo Inc had a lot of available vehicles.  I went down to the dealership on Jan 30, 2010 and test drove several cars, I finally decided on a 1999 Nissan Sentra that had mileage of 115180 showing on the odometer. Helping me was a guy named Angelo and his 'boss' Big Mike. I signed all the paperwork and they even gave me the temporary registration showing this mileage.  I could not take the car with me as I had no one to drive the car I was driving and we agreed that I would pick up the car the next morning.

The next day I drove down there with my sister to pick up the car.  The two men who had sold me the car were not there but another guy told me he was aware that I was picking up the car.  He asked me to sign a few other forms as he had been instructed by his peers.  They were similar to the ones I had signed the previous day so i finished the paperwork, took my copies and drove off in my new/old car!  As I drove I noticed that the odometer now showed 245500 miles.  I stopped, retrieved my paperwork and noticed I had two different agreements one showing the 115k miles and another 245k miles!!! I drove back and told them I needed a refund and they obliged apologizing for the FRAUD they were committing.  I am reporting them to the dept of motor vehicles and giving a warning to all.

My advise to everyone is stay away from LA Cars Repo Inc!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Cars-Repo-Inc/internet/LA-Cars-Repo-Inc-Odometer-Fraud-Internet-563553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Cars Repo Inc