Complaint Review: LA FITNESS, BODY OF CHANGE Training

• Submitted: Tue, September 18, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, September 18, 2007

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
LA FITNESS, BODY OF CHANGE Training
2100 Route 38 Cherry Hill, New Jersey U.S.A.

LA FITNESS, BODY OF CHANGE Training impossible to cancel not worth your money or time Cherry Hill New Jersey

I joined body of change at the Cherry Hill, LA Fitness, expecting to get full attention from a trainer every week. I signed up for the once a week program. Then the trainer that signed me up disappeared. He didn't return phone calls and no one had any answers at the main desk.

So I decided to cancel... but what I was not told up front was that I had signed a 12-month agreement. And that to cancel the only way per the manager there was to send a letter to:

BODY OF CHANGE
P.O. Box 55088
Irvine, CA 92619

I did this, and asked for a confirmation within 5 business days, no response.

So I was looking on here and found a phone number that actually works. You have to call 1-800-600-2540, and automatically press "0", ask for "billing" and you actually get someone who can cancel your account.

I am supposed to receive a letter in the mail next week, but the only way to get out of my contract was to buy out 1/2 of the remaining months. Which I am fine with as long as next month I do not get an auto-draft from them.

This was the easiest way I found to contact them, but if it works or not is TBD.

Don't be pressured into the "FREE training session"! they are only wanting to make $$$ and get you hooked to some contract that is not worth it!!!

Best of luck. Better to not join, but if you do hopefully this helps.

Whitney
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2007 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-FITNESS-BODY-OF-CHANGE-Training/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey/LA-FITNESS-BODY-OF-CHANGE-Training-impossible-to-cancel-not-worth-your-money-or-time-Che-275180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA FITNESS, BODY OF CHANGE Training