Complaint Review: LA FITNESS, NJ

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: Nand — New Jersey
LA FITNESS, NJ
, New Jersey USA

LA FITNESS, NJ: Lost $1900!!!! YOU WILL REGRET GOING THERE! "DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!" THEY BIND YOU TO EXPENSIVE CONTRACTS WERE NEVER EVEN SHOWN/EXPLAINED TO YOU AT THE BEGINNING! DO NOT TRUST THOSE FAKE SMILEY FACES AND DO NOT TRUST THEIR WORDS DON'T SIGN ANYTHING. New Jersey

I went there got a membership and also registered for 6 Training Sessions. As I discussed with them, they were supposed to charge me only for the 6 training sessions each week if I have the sessions and they told me I would be able to even cancel at anytime with no penalty. They also told me I would need to go there in person in order to get more training sessions after the 6th session. They didnt show me anything on paper, just asked me to put my initials on the monitor and sign a few times. I was even concerned about not seeing the paperwork, but the guy there said they would provide me with the docs later. No worries! The guy seemed so kind and friendly so I decided to not to be so worried about the whole thing and trusted him and his words. I met with my trainer then and decided to go ahead and made an appointment in that week. The 1st session, I got a little surprised since they signed me up with a different trainer without even telling me, but  I decided not to be picky. But after the 3rd session I realized they were charging me for more than the amount we agreed on the very first day for membership and also training ! The training sessions were so short and not worth the money so I decided to even cancel the next 3 sessions I had left. So, I went there and the kind guy told me they had already charged  me for the following 3 sessions. Oh Wait I said. I did not schedule for any sessions with my trainer yet and though I had this option to cancel at anytime! He turned out to be so rude and suprisingly told me that my contract for training is for 1 year!!!!! I was schocked! No one has ever told me before about any contract and for this long! One year!! So I told him to cancel and that was when my nightmare with LA Fitness started. Basically, I had no option to cancel anything and had to pay the total $ 1900 for the whole year! Even to use the training sessions for the total of $1900 I had to get the membership each month. Anyhow they told me they would charge my credit card each month for training sessions whether I go or whether I don't!!! I am so upset and schocked. They were dishonet and I have to pay for the contract they bound me to without even showing me the forms! I never had such a terrible experience! I am a student and I cannot really afford this. And it is so unfair! I never agreed to have 52 weeks sessions. Never! I thought the fitness center is where you can enjoy everyday going there. They ruined my trust and I never want to walk in there ever again. They were so rude to me and I am really surprized by their customer service and the managers at this fitness club. I m thinking to consult with a lawyer soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-FITNESS-NJ/New-Jersey/LA-FITNESS-NJ-Lost-1900-YOU-WILL-REGRET-GOING-THERE-DO-NOT-SIGN-ANYTHING-THEY-1106309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA FITNESS, NJ