Complaint Review: LA Fiteness Body Of Change

• Submitted: Fri, October 17, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2003

• Reported By:Rancho Palos Verdes California
LA Fiteness Body Of Change
Madrona Ave, Torrance, CA 90503 Nationwide U.S.A.

LA Fitness Body Of Change ripoff, lied, broke contract, charged me for services not rendered. Torrance Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: NOT THE WHOLE TRUTH

Here's the long and the short of it all. Basically, I joined Body of Change's program in mid August and part of the contract is to pay for your first and last month and a reg fee all at once. So, from the beginning, I had paid for 2 full months of service from Body of Change.

End of September comes and LA Fitness tells me Body of Change is pulling out of California and that my contract has been voided. I think to myself, they only provided a month and a half's worth of services, I got ripped off for half a month... but half a month's no big deal so I decide I'd let it slide and not make a fuss about it.

Later, I find out that Body of Change charged me a third month's fee at the end of September and that's what sets me off. I simply do not understand how they can inform their clients they will no longer be able to provide services past September 30, but still legally charge clients the day before they leave for services they cannot ever meet. How is this possible? How is this right? How is this legal? Body of Change, knowing they could only serve me 1.5 months still charged me 3 months worth of service. This can't be right. Can't anything be done about it?

LA Fitness is trying to cover up saying they will replace the charged for services, but I don't want the services any longer, I want a refund. La Fitness also schemed me into joining their plan which I later questioned becuase if they were responsible for filling in my lost training sessions, shouldn't they work through those first before charging me for new sessions? I feel ripped off by both companies, but more so by Body of Change. LA Fitness I leave to miscommunications and incompetence. Body of Change I blame on flat out illegal practices. Any help?

Jacob
Rancho Palos Verdes, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2003 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fiteness-Body-Of-Change/nationwide/LA-Fitness-Body-Of-Change-ripoff-lied-broke-contract-charged-me-for-services-not-render-69375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fiteness Body Of Change

Jacob,

I first want to extend my personal apologies for the confusion. This is an unfortunate situation for Body of Change, but should not in any way effect you or any other of our clients. Any pre-paid services will be honored, and you should be able to continue your fitness program without a hitch.

If this is not what you are being told, please contact me directly for any further clarification.