NOTE: Coral Springs - 18 Minutes & 10.93 miles away from Boca West Club
Boynton Beach - 26 Minutes & 20.55 miles away from Boca West Club
NOTE: Average Wait Time to get through to someone at Quality Control is 15 minutes.
3/3/06 - Rc'd a call from Miguel, Director at 7:56 pm - he stated that he's reviewed my issue and they are holding to the contract and will not refund my money. They will however, be more than happy to schedule me and stated that they had a trainer available but I wouldn't confirm. I advised him that it was the other way around and I was waiting for Alyne to get back to me with a confirmation and she never did. He also stated that the GM, Allan at the club tried to schedule with me several times I informed him that this was inaccurate as he's never called me stating that he had availability. In fact the last and only time I did hear from him- on my voice mail (still may have the message), he stated that he had no availability.
I advised Miguel that I was just there last Wednesday and even spoke to the trainer that was supposidly available and he wasn't at all. In fact there weren't any trainers available. I then stated that if he could schedule me, why not? Let's see if he was able to do what no one else has been able to do for over a month. He said he would have to contact the GM and I told him to go ahead and I would hold. He also asked what days I prefer and I told him anything at this point and he asked what time and I replied my usual time. After being on hold for approximately ten minutes, he got back on the phone and stated that they do not have any trainers available at this time but they would let me know when one becomes available.
I must say that I found this amusing. I knew that that's exactly what he would come back with and I honestly think I'm crazy over this by now, but I thought,okay, maybe I'd get lucky and we can end this right here, right now and everyone will be happy. I explained that it's been over a month and I feel that it's not right that I'm suffering because their company cannot find and retain employees. I let him know that I feel so very uncomfortable with this organization and its practices and I have contacted the BBB, Atty General and the CC company. He stated that that's fine and they have no problem responding to those complaints. He stated to me that I started with evenings (this seems to be the EXCUSE) and I stated that that was one time and have been an AM client ever since as I realized the PM didn't mesh with my work schedule. I asked him if he saw the letter that Ayline had sent me and he said he had.
I asked about the cancellation option and he said that they are going by the contract. I asked him to please elaborate because how I veiwed it to read was that I would be entitle to 50% of my unused sessions back and he stated that the State of Florida will not permit them to give refunds unless it's of a medical condition as stated in the contract. He said the contract I signed was a month to month contract and not a paid in full contract so therefore, since I have now paid in full for prepaid sessions, I was now considered a full paid client and would not entitled to the 50% option. I would be able to cancel but would forfeit all my money.
I explained that the only reason I paid it off was due to an accounting error on their part in which I incurred a $5.00 fee for insufficiant funds, which was inaccurate. So to avoid issues in the future, I just went ahead and paid in full. So, the end result - they will continue to work on getting me a trainer - who knows how long that will take. I stated that I hear him loud and clear, their position is - no refund, wait and see. I let him know that he should continue to do what he needs to do and get the company straightened out and I'll do what I need to do. I ended the call with that and wished him a great weekend.
SIDE NOTE: Somewhere during the conversattion I let him know that it was funny how he called while I was on the internet viewing all of the complaints about the company-he didn't seem to have much to say about that SIDE SIDE NOTE: I am so frustrated, but I cannot help but find this somewhat amusing. I mean it's admitted that they cannot provide me with the service promised and I find this whole situation to be somewhat of a jaw dropper. How can this company even exist with this type of attitude.I'm baffled and have no idea how to react emotionally. It 's quite clear that they are not in the business of helping people acheive their goals.
3/3/06 - still no response from the company. Gathering all information to send to Atty General's office, ATTN: CAU 110 Sherman Street, Hartford, CT 06105 (860) 808-5318. Sent off today certified
3/2/06 - sent email to Ayline and copied in the President of the company to verify my call of last night and her promise to me. I gave her both contact numbers and times to reach me.I also called and left a voice mail message advising her that I sent her an email and that I would be leaving in 20 minutes, but would be available at the 483-6695 number at 6:30.
3/1/06 - called Ayline at approximately 7pm to verify they rec'd the letter and to see if there were any further decisions made. She stated that she's been out of the office at the doctors for 1/2 of the day and she is meeting woth upper management going over my issue. She promised that she would touch base with me tomorrow with a resolution.
3/1/06 - responded via email to the letter. Rec'd a read receipt from Ayline.
2/28/06 - late evening - rec'd letter from Ayline - not fromlegal - interesting!! The letter was dated 2/22/06 - also interesting!! Will send out response tomorrow, 3/1/06.
2/28/06 - 5:25 - tried again - no answer and left no message 3:40 - tried them again - no answer, left no message 1:10pm - called Ron and Ayline again - no message for Ron, but I did leave a message with Ayline stating that once again empty promises because she hadn't returned my calls or responded to any of my emails. I asked her to please respond either way and left my #. 11:20 tried both Ron and Ayline and got voice mails - did not leave a message and will try again later.
2/27/06 1:45pm - spoke with Christie in legal. She stated that she tried to return my call but couldn't get through. She verified the number and it was correct so I cannot understand why she couldn't get through. With all the lies thus far, I doubt she even tried. Anyway, I asked her about the status of the letter and she stated that she has nothing to do with writing letters re: memberships, etc. nor does she deal with BBB complaints, credit card disputes, etc. She stated that would be John, Ron's supervior's decision. I explained that I've spoken to Ron in the past, he won't return my call, John will never get on the phone and Ayline won't return my calls. She stated that she would check with John, Ron and see what's happening. She verified my number again and said she would call me back.
2/25/06 - sent email as well as left voice mail to Ayline
2/24/06 - Still no responsed from Ayline. Called twice - once not leaving a message and one much later - around 10:00 leaving one.
2/23/06 - Filed my complaint with the BBB due to no response - emailed Ayline twice with no response, and I do have a read receipt - the morning email stated - Good morning. I was wondering if you were able to confirm with the GM on trainer availability. Also, I wanted to bring to your attention that it has now been one (1) month that I have not had use of a trainer. The progress I was making has been disrupted and I will need to begin the entire program again. If you are still refusing to refund my money so I can seek alternative training, I must insist on a new contract that supersedes my current one allowing me the opportunity to do my 54 session program from the beginning.
My afternoon email stated - Good afternoon. Would you please provide me with the status of my issue? I need to begin to plan my schedule for next week. Please feel free to call me at the number below.
2/22/06 - 2pm - Ayline called me - (800) 600-2540 ext#330 - and I returned her call. She stated that I originally started in the evening and I let her know that I tried it twice in the evening and it wasn't good for me due to work. I then switched to mornings and have been doing them ever since and there has been no issue with the switching of evening to morning until my current issue. She stated that they now have a trainers available on Wednesday and Friday and I stated that that's not good for me. She then stated somethis to the effect of take it or leave ir (not her exact words, but same meaning) and they are offering me this and accommodating me and without even a breath or allowing me to respond, she then asked what days I would like and I stated my usual Tuesdays and Thursdays. She then informed me that Mark and Tyler are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 and 6:30. I asked her to please verify because I know for a fact that Tyler is booked n the mornings. She said that she's looking at their booking log and says it's open. She will verify with the GM and get back to me. I did let her know that I feel like I've been treated like crap and I've been getting the run-around. We'll see
2/21/06 - rec'd an email from Ayline requesting an alternate number. I responded with it via email and voice mail.
2/20/06 - 2:25pm Ayline called to let me know that se rec'd the email and she's making a few calls. Because of the time differnce, people are at lunch, but as soon as she receives the inf she needs, she'll let me know. 1:10pm called Aylin Medina - contact for BBB issues at thhe corporate office. She apologized for not returning my call as she just got back into the office. She gaave me her email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send all documentation to her. 11:30am - called to see if Ron ext392 made it in and Gilbert transferred me to his voice mail. I left a message with my # and for him to call me 9:15am Aldo answered and stated that Ron Pisano(?) would not be in until 8am. I had him look up my account hoping to get some info. He sees in the notes that Ron was to draft a letter for legal to review, but it doesn't state what the status is. I asked for Aldo to relay to Ron that I should be the very first phone call he makes today or his supervior John Rameriez can call me. I left my number again and left a message on John's voice mail.
2/17/06 - 3:45PM STILL NO CALL. Tried again and spoke with Donna who stated that Ron was not at his desk. I left my number with her to give to Ron and asked her for the main number to try the legal dept 800-600-2540 ext200. Called and was put through to legal and left a message for Christie on v/m. 2:00pm called again for Ron - spoke with David who put me on hold for Ron. David got back on the phone and stated that they were having issues with the system and Ron would have to call me back. I left my number and ext and firmly stated that I needed a call back today! 9:15am - called for Ron (ext#392) to check status on letter. Miguel informed me that Ron's not in until 9am. I asked Miguel to check the status of the letter I am waiting to receive from legal. He pulled up my account and put me on hold. He looked for info and found no info relating to a letter. I asked for Legal's number or extension and was told that they don't take incoming calls. He then transferred me over to Ron's v/m where I left a message. I also called Eileen of the corporate office and left another message.
2/10/06 - sent documentation to credit card company to dispute $1200.00, shoud hear from them within 90 days. Will f/u w/ credit card company in March 06.
2/8/06 - sent email to President of company and Help Me Howard 12:30 - rec'd another call from Ron, he stated that he spoke with his manager and they could 1) put me at another location, 2) freeze my account until someone becomes available, or 3) just keep my account open to use whenever I want to. I then asked if the refund was not an option and he said that it was not. I then asked that I get the options in writing and he refused. I said that I needed something that supercedes the contract I already have and he again refused. I told him that I wanted to speak to his supervisor and he stated that he was on the phone. I told him I would hold and he came back on the line and said okay, they would get the letter out to me. I then asked when to expect it and he said he had no idea. I then told him to put me on hold again and ask his boss. Her came back with a timeframe of one week.12:15 - Ron called and stated that he spoke to the manager at the Coconut Creek location and I can go there. I let him know that it was too far and he stated that it's only 10 miles. I then explained that it would take me 15-20 minutes one way driving time to get there and the W. Boca location is only two minutes from my home. There are plenty of clubs 20 minutes away and the reason I joined the W. Boca club is due to the location. I told him that I can't understand why this is so difficult. Being that they cannot fulfill their obligations under the contract, they should provide me with a refund. He stated that they are trying to work with me by providing me alternative options and I stated that this is not the case. They are just providing me with a way in which they do not have to refund my money. If they had a trainer available in W. Boca, fine, but they do not and therefore are unable to provide the service I paid for. Nowhere in the contract does it say that if no trianer was available that I would be forced to go to an alternate location and I refuse to simply due to time and gas. He stated that he would speak to his manager again and I asked if I would be hearing back from him today. He stated that I would probably hear from his boss. 9:30am spoke with Aldo as Ron was not in yet. No updated info was in the system. He will have Ron call me.
2/7/06 - 4:45 - hadn't rec'd a call back so I called. Miguel answered and asked that I hold. Ron taking longer than expected, Miguel said Ron would call me as soon as he's off the phone.11:30 - Ron called and stated that he spoke with the GM and I was correct, they are booked solid in the mornings. He offered two other locations - Coral Springs and Boynton Beach. I stated that they are too far and asked what should I do now. He stated that was a good question and his tone seemed to have changed (not in a positive way). I asked again for a refund of the unused sessions and let's just end this. He stated that he will speak to his boss and get back to me. 10:30am - Ron called me back and stated that he spoke with Allan the GM of the W. Boca location who stated that he's spoken with me and had three trainers available and I refuned all of them. I advised Ron that I had not spoken to him amd he must be confused. Ron stated that he would speak to the GM again and call me back. 9:30am - spoke with Miguel who stated that I'm on the list for John (manager) to call me and it takes 24-48 hours. He will relay the message again to John.
2/6/06 - 11:30am - called QC and spoke with Ron. I informed him of the message left on my machine. He stated he would check into it and get back to me. 11:00am - called home and retreived a message from Allan, GM of the W. Boca location. He stated that he would not be able to accommodate me as there were no trianers available. 9:00am - spoke with Miguel. I let him know that I was going to have to dispute this with my credit card co and he stated that they don't do refunds and he'd be happy to cancel my account, but I would not get a refund.
Boca Raton, Florida
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on LA Fitness Body of Change