Mississippi

• Submitted: Thu, June 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 28, 2007

• Reported By:Irving Texas
LA Fitness Body Of Change
lafitness.com Carrollton, Texas U.S.A.

LA Fitness Body Of Change RIPOFF WHEN TRYING TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP Carrollton Texas

joined BOC in 12/06. Quickly saw that this trainer thing was not what they advertise. The trainers employed are very transient. I had 4 trainers in 3 months. They did not cater to my individual needs, rather they just gave me an overall plan (same for everyone). I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN, so why should I pay them 192.00 a month for this service??? I learned NOTHING from the trainers.

When I decided to cancel, I gave a 30 day notice like they asked, yet they billed me for another month. When I contacted them, they stated I should have sent a 192.00 check to cancel WITH my letter. NOWHERE IN MY CONTRACT DOES IT TELL ME THIS, NOR DID ANYONE TELL ME THIS WHEN I ASKED MY LOCAL CLUB HOW TO CANCEL.

I had assumed they would take my balance owed off the credit card THEY ALREADY HAVE!!! Why would I send a check if they already have my credit card.....

So....in the end I'm out a 750.00 charge instead of about a 536.00 charge total.

RIPOFF. Don't do body of change. You learn nothing and it's hard to cancel.

Lisa
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2007 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-Body-Of-Change/Carrollton-Texas/LA-Fitness-Body-Of-Change-RIPOFF-WHEN-TRYING-TO-CANCEL-MEMBERSHIP-Carrollton-Texas-257414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LA Fitness Body Of Change