Complaint Review: L.A. Fitness International, LLC

• Updated: Tue, October 13, 2009

• Reported By: Chris — New Canaan Connecticut USA
L.A. Fitness International, LLC
761 Main Ave Norwalk, Connecticut United States of America

L.A. Fitness International, LLC Dangerous, No Gym Etiquette, Ripoff, Rude Norwalk, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: EVERYWHERE

The Gym itself is an impressive facility and the hours are better than most gyms that I have experienced in my 13+ years of weight training. They have 2 trainers, Demetrius and James, that really know what they are doing. Most of the other trainers can be seen text messaging and relaxing WHILE training clients. There is even a European female trainer that hordes weights for herself while she is training and she will confront you if you tell her that she doesn't need to take 7 dumbbells off the weight rack for her client.

Mats are left on the stairwell which is a fire-code violation, 6-12 plates can be found on abandoned leg press machines from 7:00am-10:30am every week day, dumbbells are left in all areas of the gym for days on end, 20-36 dumbbells are consistently absent from the racks...

I have begged the staff for over 10 months to require that the members and trainers to rack their weights. [continued below]....

..... All to no avail. There is not 1 sign in the facility asking clients to return/rack weights. 2 weeks ago, I posted 4-5 signs throughout the gym asking members to rack the weights. I was confronted by an employee because of this. Instead of him being upset with the staff for it being necessary for a customer to post signs and repeatedly beg for them to follow proper gym etiquette, he decided to give me attitude.

Yesterday I asked Lauren (the card-scanner, girl) for his name because I am considering writing an article regarding the lack of gym etiquette. She responded with "I am going to revoke your membership".

I told her that was fine as long as she refunded my $200+ initiation fee. She said she wouldn't because I have been a very uncooperative member...

She revoked my membership because after begging them for 10+ months to put the weights/equipment away (which is an insurance regulation and a fire code violation) I posted some signs asking members to rack their weights (how dare me)...it is the only gym I have ever been in that doesn't care about weights, steps, mats, etc strewn all about the floor and fire exit stairs.

Instead of being rewarded for my observation and concern for the health and safety of the gym members, my membership was revoked.

I have numerous photos of the conditions I speak of.

I am now pursuing a lawsuit.

On a side note, I learned yesterday that one of the "trainers" at this facility tripped over weights that were left on the workout floor and was on crutches for several weeks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LA-Fitness-International-LLC/Norwalk-Connecticut-06851/LA-Fitness-International-LLC-Dangerous-No-Gym-Etiquette-Ripoff-Rude-Norwalk-Connec-508564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on L.A. Fitness International, LLC

EVERYWHERE

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Just about ANY gym you go to has the same problems that you have mentioned. I've gone to the same gym, which is currently owned by gold's, for the past 25 years. They have signs all over the place telling members to rack their weights after use. The only thing worse then that is when the gross scumbags don't wipe the equipment down after use. What with MRSA and all. I've given up asking the gym staff to make announcements and such. I've taken to confronting the offending party and asking them if they're "finished" using the equipment in a loud voice for everyone around to hear. There are just so many lowlife scumbags out there. I'll be damned if I put someone else's weight away or wipe up after them. I saw this great sign at a construction sight that said something to the effect that: What do we look like? Your Mother? Pick up after yourself. I was tempted to burn copies and tape them around the gym.